DSision on TTDS HELP

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by 00falcon, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

DSision on TTDS HELP by 00falcon at 7:11 PM (5,792 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. 00falcon
    OP

Newcomer 00falcon Advanced Member

United States
    I like the DSision homebrew app and I want to put it on my ttds and what I need help is the step by step tutorial on how to put it on and to make it work

2. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
  3. 00falcon
    OP

United States
    I apologize

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    One thing you should note:
    When trying to start up ROMS (you need YSMenu installed) with DSision2, you may find that Dsision2 will not work if you use a SDHC card - it seems mainly DSTT cards there's a problem with - however it will work with standard microSD card (up to 2Gb)

I believe 'Spinal' (the developer) is currently trying to figure out why

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    DSision is pretty cool, though I can't really be bothered getting it to work..

6. 00falcon
    OP

United States
    Ok quick question when I put the DSision on the game card and when I start up the ds is the menu suppose to be the DSision menu or the TTDS menu? cause I keep getting the TTDS menu and then I have to click on the DSision app on the game card.

7. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    It depends on how you set it all up
    See Jester's link for installation on a DSTT (did you forget step 7 ??? about the 'ttmenu.dat' file)

You may not have a 'DSTT_version' folder (the latest build does have a 'ttmenu.dat' though) - copy that to the root of the flash card (overwriting the existing 'ttmenu.dat') & it should work

If you have a copy that doesn't have a 'ttmenu.dat' file, create a copy of 'Dsision_2.nds' & rename it to 'TTMENU.DAT' instead - & that should work as well

8. 00falcon
    OP

United States
    Ok i re-did every step and all the only thing I got a problem is I don't have the DSISION.INI file

9. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    So if you're that worried you can create the file yourself in Notepad, just remember to change the filename to DSISION.INI and not DSISION.TXT

10. 00falcon
    OP

United States
    Thanks kermit it worked fine but I really want it to automatically start the DSision without going to the regular ttds menu and selecting the DSision file. So is there a way to do that?

11. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    The easiest way is rename 'DSision2.nds' to 'ttmenu.dat' if I remember right - although I thought that by replacing the original 'ttmenu.dat' with the 'ttmenu.dat' that come with DSision2 is suppose to do the job anyway
    (just make a backup of the orginal 'ttmenu.dat' first)

Just to check though, you may have a version of DSision that DIDN'T come with a ttmenu.dat
    - what version of Dsision are you using ?? the latest version is @ http://socoder.net/uploads/124/DSision2_26_April_09.rar

12. 00falcon
    OP

United States
    I was using the feb one, anyways I'm using the upsated verson from you now. My last problem is after the DSision automatically loads, and when I select a rom it is stuck on a white blank screen

13. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    Are both screens white ?
    Are you using a SDHC microSd card (4Gb/8Gb/16Gb) by any chance ?

If so then you're stuck I'm afraid - As mentioned before DSision doesn't seem to work with YSmenu on SDHC cards - especially on the DSTT (& equivalent) flashcard

Even Spinal_cord is having trouble on the DSTT & he's the one that's created DSision (You can see his combo @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=155410).
    If you really want to use DSision - then I'm afraid you have to stick to a 2Gb MicroSD card (maximum) until Spinal can figure out what is wrong

Unfortunately - I'm in work (on night shift) @ the moment so can't check for any other possibilities since my DS is @ home

14. Keeley

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    OR you can use Moonshell2 method instead [​IMG] looks cooler IMO and some Backround music when u turn in on [​IMG]

15. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    It'll help him if you gave the link to the thread

Here it is - Commercial ROM loading using moonshell & YSmenu

In fact this is the method I currently using anyway [​IMG] but as soon as 'DSision' works on SDHC (Or when 'MENUdo' is actually released) it may all change [​IMG] (Just wish I knew how to get rid of moonshells 'boot-screen')

16. Keeley

Canada
    what boot screen?

17. VLinh

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Im having troubles getting cheats to work and will my old DSTT saves work ?

18. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    You can use cheats (I'm guessing that what you mean by getting cheats to work) but it's a 2-stage process
    What need to be done is:-
    1) Use DSision to select ROM
    2) Press [A] to select/Start up ROM
    3) STRAIGHT afterwards press and hold - this will prevent YSmenu from' Autorunning' the ROM
    4) Use YSmenu to select the ROM you want to cheat on & select the cheats you want
    5) Press [A] to run ROM

Made this video that may explain thing clearer

It is a bit of a nuisance doing 2-steps to cheat but unfortunately it's all down to how YSmenu starts-up.
    I believe that on start-up it automatically reset 'cheat mode' on program initialisation, & there's no way DSision can pass on a 'I want to use cheat mode' message to YSmenu

AS for game DSTT SAV's - Old DSTT sav's should work OK, since when DSision uses YSMenu to run Commercial ROMS, YSMenu use the 'ttdldi.dat' & the 'ttpatch.dat' files to run them - & these files are extracted from the original DSTT firmware (I've had no trouble on my DSTTi card with game SAV's) so you are in fact using the original DSTT firmware to run ROMS.
    If you are very worried that your SAV may get corrupted - I suggest create a backup of all of them & save them on you PC

19. 00falcon
    OP

United States
    oh man i really hope he figures out the prob with the sdhc 4 gb cause i'm using that

20. Keeley

Canada
    oh that screen, i get that 2 haha i swear thou in beta10 it used to never show up like that [​IMG] but now it does on 10 and stable