DSi XL - Touch Screen Broken

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Waflix, Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011

DSi XL - Touch Screen Broken by Waflix at 2:14 PM (1,642 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Waflix
    OP

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    I have my DSi XL for 7 months now (since 17 June; my birthday), and yesterday it fell out of my hands.
    I didn't use my DSi XL until 20 minutes ago, because I had a testweek (today was the last day), and I had to learn a lot.

The problem is, that the Touch Screen broke. I can still use it, but I can't see anything anymore.
    This is what the Operations Manual says about the Warranty:
    And because it was accidental damage, I can't go the the shop where I bought it, to ask for a new one, or to repair it.

Does anyone know what I can do, so I can use it again? I am kind of desperate...

2. Clau46

Member Clau46 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  3. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    Thanks, but the Touch Screen is still working (I think I mentioned that in the first post). I only need a LCD screen, and after searching on Google myself, I found out that if I would order the Touch Screen, I only get the Touch Screen, so I can't do anything with the first link.

Console4Fun (second link of Clau46's post, first link at Google) isn't of any help either, because they only sell Power Connectors for the DSi XL.

This site's Lower Screens for DSi XL are out of stock...

I searched for "Nintendo Repair Service" (probably more expensive then not-Nintendo company parts) and I found out that I have to go to a distributor for new parts (and in this way, I'll keep my warranty).
    Because I live in the Netherlands, this is the site where I am now.

4. gumgod

Member gumgod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I checked DX I didn't see any lower screens there (for the XL) but they had the touch screen part. They have most DS parts, so this seems strange to me. Good luck, maybe try ebay?

5. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    At the moment I am still trying Nintendo Service, because I really don't want to lose my warranty.

6. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You should return it and just say it crapped out on you [​IMG]