DSi XL 1.4.4

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by tubebar, Oct 19, 2013.

1. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I finally found a place that has the Cyclo ievo carts in stock and ordered one. I also ordered a new DSi XL from Amazon and it came with 1.4.4.

Is there anyway to use the card with it? My old Cyclo DS won't show up at all. They were the best cards that's why I ordered it.

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    CycloDSi is not the best card anymore. It is the Supercard DSTwo.

3. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    ah ok, time to get that card.

4. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i don't recall much of the details any longer, you would be better off researching the dates and facts via the official cyclods forum (using the way back machine). what i do remember was after the team disappeared, right after they released the ievo and took everyone's money, that the card was blocked in dsi-mode. the only way for some users to switch modes was to use a hacked method via a ds lite/phat. your card will not work in dsi-mode on 1.4.4, and i'm not even sure about ds-mode. if the card can boot then it is still a fun toy for dsi-mode homebrew. sadly, there are only a handful of projects that made use of the extra ram and faster cpu.

i would not call the scds2 the "best" card. the wood firmware (runs on the original r4, r4i gold.cn, ak rpg, and r4idsn) has a much higher homebrew compatibility. the scds2 does offer some fun exclusives such as emulation that works via their on-board cpu, a dingux build (limited yet working ps1 emulation), a movie player, a pdf reader, etc. also the scds2 has a design that has not yet been blocked, where other companies have had to upgrade the hardware.

we have threads for discussing which is the best card to get, and really i would hate to see yet another user make their own thread due to a lack of proper research.

-another world

5. superspudz2000

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    Acekard 2i
    Ez-flash Vi
    Superccard DS Onei
    SC DSTWO

these work with 1.4.4

i would suggest the Acekard 2i, because its more user friendly, and the menu system looks a bit nicer.

if you have to get a supercard, track down a SC ONEi, rather than SC DS Two, the TWO has this weird preliminary APP menu that you are forced to navigate through every time.

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The CycloDS iEvo works in DS mode until the firmware 1.4.2 and in DSi mode until 1.4.3, sorry. You could use a action replay (DSi Compatible) to boot the iEvo but that's not a very good way. Just buy a new flashcard :)

7. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the replies, I did order a DSTWO for $40 so not a big deal. I may also check out some of the others that have been suggested. It's to bad the Cyclo's won't work on my DSi XL and doubt I can hunt down one for a cheap price that has 1.4.2 FW

8. superspudz2000

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    you can still find low firmware dsi on ebay sometimes. but they dont advertise the firmware because they dont know the value of it. some people dont have wifi, or parents wont let their kids use eShop, or people just used a flashcart and never updated.

9. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I got my Supercard DSTWO today and I am not disappointed. Is there a way to run DSi games? I am not talking about DSi enhanced games as they are DS format, but the ones you have to buy and download?

I guess I can have a look on eBay and see if I can find a DSi XL with older FW so I can also use my Cyclo Card.

10. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    ds-mode flash kits run in ds-mode only. the only two known dsi-exploits include the dsiwarehax and the cyclods ievo.

-another world

11. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    What is the dsiwarehax?

12. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
  13. superspudz2000

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    in case nobodys mentioned this yet, the DSi mode of Cyclo iEvo is severely limited, and was never developed very much before the team disappeared.

-Wi-fi dosent work in DSi mode, so no Online, no Multiplayer.

-very few games have "DSi Mode" features, and usually add nothing interesting except using the camera to take a profile picture.

-all DSi enhanced games run fine in DS mode.

however, some users have reported better speed in certain games.

also, the dsiware exploit "sudokuhax" only works for homebrew, and you can only obtain a Sudoku hacked dsi from the trading forums, if your lucky.

14. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    the exploit is limited by its parent rom, in this case the cooking coach game. as it doesn't have wifi, neither would anything running, because that parent rom boots to get us dsi-mode, so the dsi thinks that is the file running. the bigger issue was that many of the dsi/dsi-enhanced games didn't work on the ievo because they were incorrectly dumped.

-another world

superspudz2000 likes this.