DSi Wifi broken!?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ACWWFAN, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
    This is really makin me upset. Alright, so about a week ago, when trying to play wifi with a DS game it started acting funny. It wouldn't connect right away, then I would reset the DSi, (hard reset) and it would work. I had to do this about once a day. Well now that doesn't work anymore. So I figured I'd just go and re connect with the settings and it should be fine. Well now whn I go to connections 1-3 I try searching and get nothing, it does it for like 2 seconds (literally) and says no access point in range. So then I go to advanced settings an try it and I can connect to it. Keep in mind it's WEP. It also shows quite a few neighbors wifi as well. I tried setting up wifi thru a game as well, didn't work. The yellow light doesn't even blink. So, I'm coming to you very desperate, what should I do? Also, I'm on the DSi shop now, so the connection for Connection 4 works on DSi stuff, but not DS games [​IMG].

2. BlackDave

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    UM that's weird....

I would say it could be the router after all... but you said you hard reset your DSi and it worked temporarily...

3. scrtmstr

scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2009
    Netherlands
    the Netherregions!
    hmm this is strange...
    maybe you should ring nintendo, ask then about the problem.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    For some reason the Advanced Connection settings search better, I have no idea why though.

As scrtmstr said, try calling Ninty tech service or send them an email explaining your problem.

5. nycsam786

nycsam786 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    I would also recommend contacting Nintendo if the issue persists and have the professionals look at it.

6. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
    Ok, update. I was able to connect (sort of) with manual set up. I put in all the info and stuff, and then I try to connect and it gives me 050099-2 which I looked up. The problem is, everythings compatable, my old DS still connects, and my brothers DSi does. I don't have to use manual connection either, ideas?

7. BlackDave

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    I'd say it's the modem then

8. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
    Well guys, I was able to fix it, I took my DSi apart and just kinda blew some dust out that was in it (sounds weird I know) and now it works XD. I just hope it's for good.