Dsi viewing mp4 files

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by worlok375, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009

Dsi viewing mp4 files by worlok375 at 2:36 PM (7,726 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. worlok375
    OP

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Ok I was on my dsi's sound channel when I noticed it auto played an mp4 instead of an aac file. But it wasn't showing the video.......I sent an e-mail to nintendo and I got this reply:

Hello,

I can appreciate your interest in the Nintendo DSi. As you may already know, the Nintendo DSi can view photos taken using the Nintendo DSi Camera application and it can play compatible music files, but it cannot play video files. When a video file is in a compatible format (.mp4 and .3gp), you will see the file listed in the Nintendo DSi Sound menu, but it will not be able to play. Additionally, the Nintendo DSi Browser does not support video playback online.

Sincerely,

Raymond Chan
    Nintendo of America Inc.

The thing was if people here who probably aren't official programmers (no offense) could make moonshell then couldn't nintendo just do a quick update to the dsi and have it able to play mp4 files? And I have one question couldn't we make some homebrew put it in the dsi slot with the bin file thing or whatever that's specific to each dsi and copy it then run it?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    1. Yes it is quite possible to do a quick update to make the DSi play video from the SD card. But they won't instead they'll be creating a new channel for the Wii that streams videos to your DSi instead of letting the DSi play them directly.

2. NO! You cannot just put some .bin file on your SD card and copy it over to your DSi. For multiple reasons. The biggest reason is because it would have to be signed individually for each DSi. Currently we can do noting with the .bin files, people need to stop trying.

3. ~~Tito~~

Newcomer ~~Tito~~ Advanced Member

United States
    That reply you got makes it sound like they have something planned for the future.