DSi router/big hand/flash card compatibility.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Antihero2007, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Antihero2007
    OP

Member Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have a DS Phat, I can't connect to the internet with it. It doesn't work with my router and I did get the offical nintendo usb router but then the PC with Windows XP broke down and I had to get a laptop with Vista (The usb router doesn't work with Vista). Anyway I want to get a DSi and I've read its more compatible with routers, I have a Netgear DG834N I'm wondering if the DSi will work with that.

While I need to get a new flash card anyway for the DSi does my old M3 Simply work with the DSi? I'm thinking I'll get an M3i Zero.

And finally will I have problems using the DSi since its small and I have quite big hands.

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    install the USB software to the latest one. I got my USB connector working on vista.

get m3i zero or wait for the iEDGE or get the acekard 2i. that's it

3. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ah cool thanks, though I think I did break the USB connector by taking it out without doing the safely remove thing. How about the size thing? Because with the DS Phat my hands go to sleep, I'm concerned about how uncomfortable the DSi will be.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I don't think you can break anything by not safe removing, but file systems from USB drives, hard drives, SD cards and such may screw up and become unusable. It should really break anything beyond repair though.

I don't have that big hands, but I don't think the DSi will be uncomfortable. It has a nice shape, and as long as you don't play things like Metroid Prime Hunters you're hands won't even notice [​IMG]

By the way, my hands often go to sleep when using the DS Phat too, I don't have that problem with the DS Lite (same size as DSi).

5. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    Good thanks, I'll have to go and find the USB thing now and see if it works, I didn't really care that my DS couldn't go online until now, but I want to play online with my friends on Phantasy Star Zero.

6. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    WAIT!
    The DSi may have a better wifi system, but it cannot be used with regular DS games!
    In DS mode (which is both the only mode any DS game will run in and the only mode we can acess) you cannot connect to any router protected by WPA, so if your game doesn't work now it won't with a DSi.
    I strongly suggest getting a tech-savvy friend to change the security settings on the router from WPA to WEP with MAC-Adress filtering. (Don't ask what this is, just tell him that it needs to be done and to use your DS's MAC address).