DSI rom error load -4

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by istian69, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

DSI rom error load -4 by istian69 at 3:36 AM (26,767 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. istian69
    OP

Newcomer istian69 Newbie

United States
    hi can someone can help me how to get work some dsi rom in dstti latest fw version 1.17 and ysmenu latest version. i have games like - my cooking coach.nds , my healty cooking.dsi and classic word game.nds all of those wont work in dstti or ysmenu. and .dsi extension wont show up in folder. everytime i run those game show error code "load rom errcode=-4".

2. Jacinto009

Member Jacinto009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think Nintendo did something to try to fight piracy.I used the unofficial kernel and some games start to work for me.

3. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Those games are DSi games. There is no flash cart on the market - AT ALL - which can play DSi games. They call them "i" compatible flashcarts simply because it can run on the DSi, not because it plays DSi games.

Currently we have no way of running anything in DSi mode as it has a kind of encryption we cannot break. You will just have to wait.

Another issue is that the DSTTi will probably never run DSi games - even when we HAVE cracked DSi-mode - because we will probably need new hardware (not a sorftware update) in the flash carts to use this mode.

And finally: what the hell is a .dsi? We can't actually dump DSi games yet, so we definitely don't have an extension for them. The only reason those games have a dump at all is because they are just "DSi-enhanced", which means they will run on the normal DS and will do extra stuff on the DSi. But, as I said, these dumps only have the regular DS part of the rom.

4. Jacinto009

Member Jacinto009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OMG WOW how do you know all this stuff?

5. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    We use google and the search button.

6. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Not necessarily, you can also just read topics here, and there's lots of info in it.