OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new to this I just boought a dsi xl and a acekard2i and a 8gb sd card

I was thinking i could hook up a few family members
And then I read somewhere on the internet that in the past nintendo has made updates to block flash cards

Is nintendo still doing this?
How often?

thanks for any input on this

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes they are. I don't believe there is a new firmware yet but DSi 1.4 attempted to block flashcarts. A fix has been made for every single card. If you're on DSi 1.3 and your Acekard 2i is not flashed, I suggest you do it BEFORE you update to 1.4. You can find out how, here. Look at Section 8.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info, and the hyper link im looking forward to getting the acekard and sd card in the mail soon
and reading and learning a lot about dsi modding, the following of guides and the technical stuff is ushally easy for me

until my acekard2i gets to me im really more intrested in learning what is the battle situation dsi vs dsi flash cards

>i know they did something last year a 1.4 update to block the cards

>i dont know if part of there attack on flash cards were not only to block but to also ruin the flash card
if they tried to ruin cards forever im betting there is a fix for each name brand card that still has a loyal coder team behind it

>i dont know if once your card is blocked if it can be unblocked because maybe the fixes for the flash cards were only to stop but not to repair

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wished i would of known to buy a acekard2i from a place that would of pre flashed it for my dsi xl

Because now i found out the only way i can flash it myself is by buying another ds fat or ds lite or dsi with 1.3

So I just wanted to make this thread and ask a question that i probably already know the answer is I will have to buy another ds to do this
or buy another acekard2i from someone that sells them pre flashed for dsi xl

So I have to ask can i down grade my dsi xl from 1.4 to 1.3

stupid question, huh?

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy another card from leetmod.com , they have prepatched 1.4 2i cards for sale, its only 1 extra fee

or just buy/rent a dslite from walmart, then return it, it only takes like 15 secs to update 2i card

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
clay.r.08 said:
I wished i would of known to buy a acekard2i from a place that would of pre flashed it for my dsi xl

Another excellent place (in the USA) to buy pre-flashed Acekards 2i is www.simplymods.com. Excellent customer service & fast delivery. Just tell them what you need.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
1. walk to a shop with your acekard, dont show it to them!
2. tell them you have the oldest DS (don't say phat cause they will know you know your terms
wink.gif
)
3. ask them to test out a dsL (thats LITE not i) to do a quality comparison.
3. use that DSL to flash your cart
4. Realize I used 3 twice and this is the first sentence that starts with a capital.
5. say you will stick with your old DS for now, thank them, and walk out.
6. Play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls