Not open for further replies.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find some more information about the key in particular? I understand that the fixed block size is 128-bit, what about the actual key size though, is that 128-bit as well? Documentation would be sexy. Also no offense to my fellow GBAtempers, but is there another forum somewhere where people are actually attempting to crack the encryption? I believe I might have some fresh ideas.

MicroChip123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
asiekierka said:
MicroChip123 said:
I have been running it for a few hours.

Averaging 50,000 Keys P/S

And i have done just over 397,000,000.

What encryption does Nintendo use?

What length key do they use?

Is this gets posted on the front page then it will get cracked even quicker

1. AES-128
2. 128 bits (we know 2 of them, so it's 126 bits for us)
3. I wish it was

Also, API for getting the amount of keys processed only (for developers):
Code:
formatted like on the main page - http://asciinet.ath.cx:8080/get_keys.php
unformatted - http://asciinet.ath.cx:8080/get_keys_unformatted.php

So i am right in saying that the key could be 1 in 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brute_force_attack
The amount of time required to break a 128-bit key is also daunting. Each of the 2^128 (340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456) possibilities must be checked. A device that could check a billion billion keys (10^18) per second would still require about 10^13 years to exhaust the key space. This is a thousand times longer than the age of the universe, which is about 13,000,000,000 (1.3×1010) years.

unsure.gif

Or we could just get lucky!

Or someone needs to extract the key from the hardware.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
MicroChip123 said:

Extracting the key is the easy way out, we obviously need to rely on luck!

Somehow, I doubt it's as easy as just "extracting the key" from the hardware. We'd've had more people figure it out by now, if that were the case, right...? Come on, there's gotta be an easier way of this.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We would actually have a better chance at either asking Nintendo nicely or suing them... Who wants to try? I actually tempted to send a E-Mail to their DSi support about it.

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
grimtooth said:
giant fail is giant.

What's "fail"?

shinkukage09 said:
Diablo1123 said:
QUOTE(MicroChip123 @ Feb 7 2010, 02:16 PM)

Extracting the key is the easy way out, we obviously need to rely on luck!

Somehow, I doubt it's as easy as just "extracting the key" from the hardware. We'd've had more people figure it out by now, if that were the case, right...? Come on, there's gotta be an easier way of this.

you don't have to be a math genius to know what's "fail".

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
I think this thread is trashed with negative remarks left and right :\
yeah but its something to do i don't believe in a chance in hell this will work but im still running it on my pc

Maat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if this helps or not...but i know a good API that has a lot of criptographic functions already made. I used the RSA one, but i know it has the AES, maybe it's faster than the one used now..

http://www.bouncycastle.org/csharp/

I hope that someone see it.

obijuan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After checking about 10 billion keys I'm dropping out. Can you please add the 2 other bits? Seriously, how can we trust a guy that claims to have the key and then going on some kind of power trip throwing two bits our way.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
obijuan said:
After checking about 10 billion keys I'm dropping out. Can you please add the 2 other bits? Seriously, how can we trust a guy that claims to have the key and then going on some kind of power trip throwing two bits our way.
sensing slight levels of hostility.
Most people will disregard postings of those with only 1 post; especially if it contains negativity.
Do well to maintain a positive attitude as much as you can(I know, it's hard to do that, with the internet being around and all :\)

obijuan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
sensing slight levels of hostility.
Most people will disregard postings of those with only 1 post; especially if it contains negativity.
Do well to maintain a positive attitude as much as you can(I know, it's hard to do that, with the internet being around and all :\)
Sorry, just disappointing to hear we're throwing away so many keys on someone's word. It is like playing the lottery I guess. I'd feel better if I knew the winning number is in there even if the odds are close to impossible than if I were told that half the numbers were taken away with a good chance the winning number was deliberately taken out as well.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
asiekierka said:
I think i figured out the way to get the key via non-bruteforcing means.

I'll be back with that later.
For real? Because that'd be great.
Anything to get DSiBrew started. (Oooh, the thoughts of an improved SNES emulator are so enticing...)

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, WinterMute told me the common key might only help piracy (you can't use it to encrypt things but you can use it to decrypt things, like DSiWare, in order to play them in a pirate way, but you don't even NEED THAT)

(Disregard)

D

Deleted User

asiekierka said:
If I find it, I'm not releasing it but I might, just might give you another bit.
Reason enough for me to stop running Brutey. Thanks for letting us know though.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka said:
Oh, WinterMute told me the common key might only help piracy (you can't use it to encrypt things but you can use it to decrypt things, like DSiWare, in order to play them in a pirate way, but you don't even NEED THAT)

If I find it, I'm not releasing it but I might, just might give you another bit.

Well thanks for telling me that. Now I'm gonna go find someone who actually wants to find dsi homebrew and give it to the community.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka said:

Dude, why couldn't you have waited 785,000,000,000 years until you actually cracked the key before pissing people off like that?

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
asiekierka said:

hehe, now that's pro trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wut