Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DSi Hardware match up?
What I mean is because the DSi has extra RAM and an SD slot
two things:

1. Do you reckon maybe hackers will be able to hack roms to enable extra RAM via slot-2?
2. Because DSi has an SD Slot do you think maybe hackers could hack the rom to use the MicroSD

As for the camaras who needs them!
I LIKE MY DS LITE THANK YOU (NOT!) DSi FOR TAKING THE FLASHCARTS PRIDE AWAY! I mean a music player we have moonshell it also surports more then ACC we had slot-2 ram expanisions had many good web browser (I bet you Nintendo are using DSorginizes source to make their web browser! ALSO NINTENDO HERES SOME DOUGH FOR YOU! FLASH CARTS USE MICROSD

Getting on main topic do you think this is possible?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yep the dsi isnt hacked yet so assuming those is very hard..

come back about...maybe next year..

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
yep the dsi isnt hacked yet so assuming those is very hard..

come back about...maybe next year..

What we need is something to redirect RAM to the Slot-2 and Biult-in RAM sadly I hear that Pokemon Gold/Silver are going to be DSi only I hope hackers can fix this! I will not buy DSi my Lite works perfectly!

.P.S. You underestimate the power of hackers I would expect to see a hack maybe a week later after resealse at latest! HACKERS WORK FASTER THEN DEVELEPERS I ALSO THINK THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DEMAND TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ON DSL/DS Phat

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The DSi Browser has been re-built for the DSi. Learn to search for evidence.

The DSi sound is from Shigeru Miyamoto and the SD support as well. It's a new built and should not be compared with similar homebrews. I know there's a reason why it only has AAC support.

That's all I can say. Dont flame me for that.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fatboy12345236 said:
What we need is something to redirect RAM to the Slot-2 and Biult-in RAM sadly I hear that Pokemon Gold/Silver are going to be DSi only I hope hackers can fix this! I will not buy DSi my Lite works perfectly!

.P.S. You underestimate the power of hackers I would expect to see a hack maybe a week later after resealse at latest! HACKERS WORK FASTER THEN DEVELEPERS I ALSO THINK THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DEMAND TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ON DSL/DS Phat

I seriously doubt that there will be a DSi only game(especially with a popular series like Pokemon) that isn't DSi Ware, and MAYBE at the most, there will be features that can't be used because the DSlite obviously doesn't have them, like a DSi game that also works with a DS, but with no camera feature or something.

And we still haven't gotten DSi mode(extra RAM+Cameras) to work, but if Pokemon is the reason you have worried, I'm sure it's not DSi only.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Jun 19 2009, 08:19 AM) I know there's a reason why it only has AAC support.

Something to do with "decoding?" or playing mp3 audio on a commercial product where you have to pay licensing fees. Not exactly sure of the use of the terms, but I'm pretty sure you gotta pay to have mp3 playback/codecs on a commercial product or something like that.

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1. Do you reckon maybe hackers will be able to hack roms to enable extra RAM via slot-2?
I may just be misunderstanding what you're asking, but the DSi doesn't have a slot-2.
QUOTE said:
2. Because DSi has an SD Slot do you think maybe hackers could hack the rom to use the MicroSD
It doesn't have a microSD slot either, but I guess you're referring to the SD slot here.
QUOTE said:
I bet you Nintendo are using DSorginizes source to make their web browser!
I haven't used either, but there probably isn't anything DSO's web browser can do that Nintendo's can't.
QUOTEWhat we need is something to redirect RAM to the Slot-2 and Biult-in RAM
...Yeah, this doesn't make much sense, either.
THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DEMAND TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ON DSL/DS Phat
Unfortunately, no hack will make a regular DS fully DSi-compatible, if that's what you're saying.

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
eSquire said:
I may just be misunderstanding what you're asking, but the DSi doesn't have a slot-2.
It doesn't have a microSD slot either, but I guess you're referring to the SD slot here.
3. bet you Nintendo are using DSorginizes source to make their web browser!
I haven't used either, but there probably isn't anything DSO's web browser can do that Nintendo's can't.
What we need is something to redirect RAM to the Slot-2 and Biult-in RAM
...Yeah, this doesn't make much sense, either.
THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DEMAND TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ON DSL/DS Phat
Unfortunately, no hack will make a regular DS fully DSi-compatible, if that's what you're saying.

You got most of this wrong what im saying is do you think hackers will be able to emulate that the MicroSD card (on our flashcarts) is the SD card in the slot (on the Lite/Phat)
Also do you think we might be able to enable access to slot-2 (on the Lite or Phat im talking about) to enhance the ram to match up to DSi?

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There will be DSi exclusive content and maybe exclusive games in the future.

I don't think it'll be even possible for the DSL to match with the DSI even with full support of the Slot 2.

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mayb im mistasken but how much ram does the EZFlash 3-in-1 add again?
and yes there has been a DSi only game released like a week ago...
but as far as I know it only uses camera any chance of cracking for use on DS Lite/Phat if hackers could kill the bit that uses the camera and mayb for profile image hackers could make patch wher u can inport ur own image into rom I REFUSE TO LET DSI SUPERSEED DSL!
... Opps the rom works on DSL/Phat Also DSi Mode was cracked mayb we can revive this topic when theres a game that works ONLY WITH DSI!!!

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
So you want to keep your lite but get the capabilities of the DSi? As in using slot 2 to boost up ram and performance to match the DSi? And somehow using the MicroSD slot of a flash cart to match that of the SD slot?

I think the answer is most definitely no. Hackers aren't going to look for a way to do something that can already be done via an upgraded console, not to mention it probably isn't possible.

Well im not woried about the SD Slot I bet u it will only b extra content but if hackers create one patch to hack one game I would imagnine it would work like the ARM7 Patch...

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
Fatboy12345236 said:

I seriously doubt that there will be a DSi only game(especially with a popular series like Pokemon) that isn't DSi Ware, and MAYBE at the most, there will be features that can't be used because the DSlite obviously doesn't have them, like a DSi game that also works with a DS, but with no camera feature or something.

And we still haven't gotten DSi mode(extra RAM+Cameras) to work, but if Pokemon is the reason you have worried, I'm sure it's not DSi only.

Chris_Skylock said:
I know there's a reason why it only has AAC support.

Something to do with "decoding?" or playing mp3 audio on a commercial product where you have to pay licensing fees. Not exactly sure of the use of the terms, but I'm pretty sure you gotta pay to have mp3 playback/codecs on a commercial product or something like that.

Hope your right theres alredy been a DSi Enhanced game....

Posts merged

QUOTE(elixirdream @ Jun 20 2009, 12:51 AM)
a little off topic, it took them how long for hackers to get ISO to work on psp2000(TA-088v3) and psp3000 ~!

ideas will always be ideas~!
getting it done is another story!

Yeah Ideas is a wonderful emulator... maybe a webcam could emulate the camera...

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WILL A MODERATOR PLEZ CLOSE THIS THREAD AND BAN Fatboy12345236 FOR MAKING USELESS AND POINTLESS THREADS

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JUST BUY A DAMNED DSi.
This is like asking how to run Wii games on a Gamecube.

DSi has a more powerful processor and fast non-Slot2 additional memory.
You can't add those things via a Slot-2 expansion.

You can't do it. Full stop.

Sorry for the rudeness, but you're not asking "Will teh DSi emolaet N64", which is a more feasible thing than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte