DSI FPS vs DS Lite and Phat

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TwinBlades, Aug 20, 2009.

1. TwinBlades
    OP

TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    I was wondering if there were any? Like if you play CS (like me) or other games that require, online play. You get FPS rates, I've read over the internet that the FPS difference can actually cause other players to have advantaged to those with "weaker" computers.

So does this affect with the DSI and DS Lite/Phat? I was just wondering and if so how fast is the DSI compare to DS lite in WiFi games like MPH/COD etc.

Thanks!

2. Hardkaare

Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    Sàigòn VN _____ Status: Banned
    It doesnt since the games is played in DSmode which is the same on a normal dslite/phat.

But if we find some way to play them in dsimode then it might get better.

3. vergilite

vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

Apr 14, 2009
    Liv-Liv-Liverpool YEAH!
    he's rightamon-do [​IMG] the Frames per second won't change from the DSlite-DSI as all games run in dsmode(a backward compatibility mode similar to gamecube mode on the wii) so the dsi only uses resources that were availble to the original ds so no extra RAM etc is used [​IMG]

4. TwinBlades
    OP

TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    Thanks guys [​IMG]. People were flaming about how DSI users had more advatnages over the previous versions in FPS WiFi games on DS

5. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    I doubt even any games will get better in DSiMode except for maybe games such as Kingdom Hearts because all the games are specially made to fit the DS Lite's specifications to have the least amount as lag as possible it might only help with badly developed games, plus there's no guaranteeing that there will be a way to run DS Mode games in DSi Mode because there may be different formatting issues.

6. dewback

dewback GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Michigan
    the DSi might have an advantage with the better wifi
    other then that it runs just like any older DS

7. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    The DSi does not have 'better wifi' in DS mode, if functions exactly as a regular DS.