DSI FPS vs DS Lite and Phat

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TwinBlades, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009

DSI FPS vs DS Lite and Phat by TwinBlades at 6:21 PM (1,397 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    I was wondering if there were any? Like if you play CS (like me) or other games that require, online play. You get FPS rates, I've read over the internet that the FPS difference can actually cause other players to have advantaged to those with "weaker" computers.

So does this affect with the DSI and DS Lite/Phat? I was just wondering and if so how fast is the DSI compare to DS lite in WiFi games like MPH/COD etc.

Thanks!

2. Hardkaare

Member Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    It doesnt since the games is played in DSmode which is the same on a normal dslite/phat.

But if we find some way to play them in dsimode then it might get better.

3. vergilite

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    he's rightamon-do [​IMG] the Frames per second won't change from the DSlite-DSI as all games run in dsmode(a backward compatibility mode similar to gamecube mode on the wii) so the dsi only uses resources that were availble to the original ds so no extra RAM etc is used [​IMG]

4. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Thanks guys [​IMG]. People were flaming about how DSI users had more advatnages over the previous versions in FPS WiFi games on DS

5. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I doubt even any games will get better in DSiMode except for maybe games such as Kingdom Hearts because all the games are specially made to fit the DS Lite's specifications to have the least amount as lag as possible it might only help with badly developed games, plus there's no guaranteeing that there will be a way to run DS Mode games in DSi Mode because there may be different formatting issues.

6. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the DSi might have an advantage with the better wifi
    other then that it runs just like any older DS

7. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    The DSi does not have 'better wifi' in DS mode, if functions exactly as a regular DS.