Gaming DSI error 0000FEFE

Fredfrog6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was recently repairing my old dsi, and after opening it up and checking out the shoulder buttons I started it back up again, and went into the camera application before the system froze, and now it keeps giving me a white bottom screen and a black top screen with error code 0000FEFE in the top left of the screen. I've been trying to fix it but I haven't been having much luck. I tried repeatedly turning the system on and off but that didn't fix it. I also tried replacing the wifi board with a new one but that didn't solve the issue. I'm not sure if this is related, but when I tried to start the system without the wifi board in it to see if that was causing the error it just gave me black screens on the top and bottom. I don't know if this would impact anything but the cord that connects from the top screen to the wifi board is a little beat up. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Fredfrog6,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was recently repairing my old dsi, and after opening it up and checking out the shoulder buttons I started it back up again, and went into the camera application before the system froze, and now it keeps giving me a white bottom screen and a black top screen with error code 0000FEFE in the top left of the screen. I've been trying to fix it but I haven't been having much luck. I tried repeatedly turning the system on and off but that didn't fix it. I also tried replacing the wifi board with a new one but that didn't solve the issue. I'm not sure if this is related, but when I tried to start the system without the wifi board in it to see if that was causing the error it just gave me black screens on the top and bottom. I don't know if this would impact anything but the cord that connects from the top screen to the wifi board is a little beat up. Any help would be appreciated.
https://www.fillharttech.com/dsi-error-0000fefe/

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was recently repairing my old dsi, and after opening it up and checking out the shoulder buttons I started it back up again, and went into the camera application before the system froze, and now it keeps giving me a white bottom screen and a black top screen with error code 0000FEFE in the top left of the screen. I've been trying to fix it but I haven't been having much luck. I tried repeatedly turning the system on and off but that didn't fix it. I also tried replacing the wifi board with a new one but that didn't solve the issue.
If it isn't a faulty WiFi board it is likely a corrupted or faulty NAND (or a problem accessing the NAND). Sorry, I know of no repair practical method.
I'm not sure if this is related, but when I tried to start the system without the wifi board in it to see if that was causing the error it just gave me black screens on the top and bottom. I don't know if this would impact anything but the cord that connects from the top screen to the wifi board is a little beat up. Any help would be appreciated.
Without the WiFi board the system initialization stops even earlier. Black screens is perfectly normal without WiFi board. A damaged antenna cable is unimportant for this issue.

That article suggest replacing the WiFi board.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it isn't a faulty WiFi board it is likely a corrupted or faulty NAND (or a problem accessing the NAND). Sorry, I know of no repair practical method.

Without the WiFi board the system initialization stops even earlier. Black screens is perfectly normal without WiFi board. A damaged antenna cable is unimportant for this issue.

That article suggest replacing the WiFi board.
Indeed, but it also has a few links that might be useful.
But, imagine that, people around here had reported this issue already.
The user probably read those postings, and both of our conclusions were reported. Bummer if the console dies like that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte