DSi doesn't recognizes DStwo anymore

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by smocker44, Apr 14, 2011.

Apr 14, 2011
  1. smocker44
    OP

Newcomer smocker44 Newbie

United States
    This issue started a few days ago. At first i only needed to reinsert the game card, and then it would work.
    I've tried another sd card, reformatted it with panasonic formatter, and so far nothing.
    The only thing that I noticed is that the springloaded slot, sometimes doesn't work. I don't know if it's related, but anyway.
    Any ideas would be great, thanks in advance.

2. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    It's not an SD card issue as the DSi should recognise the SCDS2 with or without an SD card inserted. Does your DSi recognise normal game cards? If the answer is yes then it may be dirty contacts on the SCDS2. If the answer is no then it may be dustor dirt in the DSi.

To clean the SCDS2 contacts use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on a cotton bud (many will disagree saying it will kill your SCDS2 but it doesn't and it works). Another is to insert and eject your SCDS2 from the DSi several times to wear away the dirt but this can cause fatigue on both the DSi and SCDS2.

To get rid of any dust in your DSi then buy an air canister for cleaning PC keyboards etc. to blow the dust away.

3. smocker44
    OP

Newcomer smocker44 Newbie

United States
    Oh, i see, i'll try cleaning later when i'm home, then i'll post the results. Thanks!

Edit: i forgot to add, i haven't tried yet a normal game card, i'll do also later.