Homebrew DSi desktop

[email protected]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By using a flashcart can we run a DSi app that allows an open desktop similar to Window XPs desktop? You know one that utilizes the web and provides links to the opera web browser or dsipaint or even a microsoft word like app? And one that you can view your picture files on instead of the normal flashcart version? Excuse me if I sound like those teenage girls who think a DS's proccesing power is how long you charge it.

hate2.gif
Funniest emoticon ever

[TSE] SexyTerror

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([email protected] @ Jul 31 2010, 04:57 AM) Excuse me if I sound like those teenage girls who think a DS's proccesing power is how long you charge it.
Made my day.
rofl.gif

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jul 31 2010, 05:04 AM) Ok DSiOrganize is great and proof enough that this is possible.
First, it's DSOrganize not DSiOrganize. And, you can't use any DSi features like camera and SD slot.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([email protected] @ Jul 31 2010, 02:57 PM) Excuse me if I sound like those teenage girls who think a DS's proccesing power is how long you charge it.

Why displace your own lack of knowledge onto another?

Own your own stupidity, I say.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Well, if we talk about the ability of desktop-like experience on the 3DS, I guess it's possible.
If 3DS gets fully hacked, we may get a fully-working Linux & Android port, and if it will be really powerfull, I think we may even be able to run some kind of lightweight graphical desktop manager on the Linux, so it'll be really desktop-like.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Win2DS is not mimicing your computer desktop, it's actually remotely controlling it (via VNC). So really, it's just allowing the DS to be an input and output device for a full desktop.

What the OP wants is basically a full desktop OS, in a pocket-able form-factor.
This is not currently possible on the DS, but perhaps you might be interested in the Open-Pandora (which is only slightly larger, albeit much more expensive).
It's an extremely powerful (think N64 and DreamCast emulation and the ability to play full HD H.264 videos) handheld computer designed for gaming and for regular desktop use. It has a full alpha-numeric keyboard, a 600 MHz ARM processor (over-clocking to ~900 MHz on average, which is actually safe and is officially supported by both the official OS and the official creators), a powerful 430 MHz DSP core (to help with videos and music and some games), an 800 X 480 widescreen display, dual SDHC slots, two gaming nubs a d-pad and gaming buttons and a TEN to SEVENTEEN hour battery life under heavy use.

The only downside is that it's being produced by a group of guys who met on the internet, so you have to pay in advance (a preorder) and it's taking a hell of a long time. It is actually being shipped right now (take that, vapourware-twats!) but it is still quite a wait.

Sorry for my gushing, but I'm a Pandora and DS nutter so I always talk about the other in either community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0