DSi Common Key Bruteforcer

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's pointless unless you have a PC with decacore (made the word up, don't even know if it's right) and I'm pretty sure that they don't make those, so... yeah

Bishopk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nerboking said:
If there are 24 digits, then the number of possible keys is just ten to the twenty-fourth power, which makes a trillion look like a little baby shrimp. It's actually a septillion.
Since it's hex, wouldn't it be 16^24?
79 octillion?

nerboking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bishopk said:
nerboking said:
If there are 24 digits, then the number of possible keys is just ten to the twenty-fourth power, which makes a trillion look like a little baby shrimp. It's actually a septillion.
Since it's hex, wouldn't it be 16^24?
79 octillion?

You're right in that I'm wrong, but I read up on the thread and someone before said the possibilities came up to above 340 nonillion.

...I really think having a server is a good idea...

jerbob92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to remember we have the first byte;) But ofcourse, there are still plenty of combinations to try.

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
i posted this on my blog, youtube, and site. Even though it might not make much of a difference
tongue.gif

Timmy99

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please let the program generating the keys about the gpu - this could speed up the procedur extremely.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to put any more effort into this. I have given source out with every release. If anybody wants to make it a bigger project than what it currently is, I have no issues with that. Go for it.

The odds are against you though. So go ahead and make it some huge distributed attack, you'll probably end up no farther than where you are now.
wink.gif

Lattka23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WB3000 said:
I'm not going to put any more effort into this. I have given source out with every release. If anybody wants to make it a bigger project than what it currently is, I have no issues with that. Go for it.

The odds are against you though. So go ahead and make it some huge distributed attack, you'll probably end up no farther than where you are now.
wink.gif
Well, it would be easier when you'll release the source code for programmers
wink.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Lattka23 said:
WB3000 said:

wink.gif
Well, it would be easier when you'll release the source code for programmers
wink.gif
It is, it's included in the zip. The file is called "program.cs".

dsihomebrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you haven't heard already Team Twiizers found in exploit in DSi mode and dumped the 16mb RAM of the nintendo dsi, and more than likely found the common key, so stay tuned for a release of this exploit and just maybe the common key...
yaynds.gif

skaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Charmandersrule said:
Where did you find info that said they dumped the 16mb ram?

http://hackmii.com/2009/07/dsi-mode-homebrew-anyone/

Read comment #22:
QUOTESven // Jul 9, 2009 at 10:40 am

wilsonsblogspace: It’s actually running in DSi mode. We were able to dump the full 16 MB of RAM using this exploit.

And there is currently no way to tell that this is dsi mode by just watching this video. You’ll have to trust us and/or wait for some information.

dsihomebrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skaman said:
Charmandersrule said:
Where did you find info that said they dumped the 16mb ram?

http://hackmii.com/2009/07/dsi-mode-homebrew-anyone/

Read comment #22:
QUOTESven // Jul 9, 2009 at 10:40 am

wilsonsblogspace: It’s actually running in DSi mode. We were able to dump the full 16 MB of RAM using this exploit.

And there is currently no way to tell that this is dsi mode by just watching this video. You’ll have to trust us and/or wait for some information.

yes so i remain optimistic that they hae found the common key or parts of cruicial information to get the dsi homebrew started

Thezapper602

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice program, but wouldn't it be more simple to decrypt the common key by dumping the ram? I mean, the whole 16mb (maybe by allowing DS mode to access all 16 MB, witch would be possiple by bridging both sections of the ram and soldering it together, like they did with the tweezer hack on the wii. I know it will be more difficult on the DSi, since there isn't a lot of place for wire soldering)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thezapper602 said:
Nice program, but wouldn't it be more simple to decrypt the common key by dumping the ram? I mean, the whole 16mb (maybe by allowing DS mode to access all 16 MB, witch would be possiple by bridging both sections of the ram and soldering it together, like they did with the tweezer hack on the wii. I know it will be more difficult on the DSi, since there isn't a lot of place for wire soldering)

I would sooner run a bus sniffer but there is no guarantee it is going to be in the ram for any length of time and even if it is finding it in a "raw" form is less likely (a simple invert is probably enough to foil us). Of course this means they will need to have a clue about security which past actions have not shown is likely but I would hope they learn from mistakes.

I suspect loopy has already done something similar though.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't even bother...it's basically impossible to find it with a bruteforcer. Chances are that somebody's gonna get it via another method first.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
wasnt there a dsi save hack? maybe that will be a better method to pirate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1