Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm at 6,900,000,000 in total, i have it running on my office's server. XD
Btw i have a (strange) idea: isn't possible to add an online database of the key already tried? Like the program every million or something keys updates the online database marking them as not valid and so on?

I try to explain better:
I tried 1,000,000 keys and my program send those not valid keys on the online database
A friend start the program, it updates the already checked key then start checking, so he has 1,000,000 keys less to check.
tongue.gif

Don't know if it's possible, but i think it could be useful.
smile.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The idea is pointless for random mode. You hitting Nintendo's key is as likely as hitting a key someone else has already tried. It needs to run as fast as possible for any hope, and data basing everything would massively slow it down.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
WB3000 said:
The idea is pointless for random mode. You hitting Nintendo's key is as likely as hitting a key someone else has already tried. It needs to run as fast as possible for any hope, and data basing everything would massively slow it down.

Hmm you are right. I think that an "upload on closing" and a "update on opening" will be pointless then because the program needs to read the keys from a db, right?

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The best way to get people to run this and crack the code is to follow what dark fader did. heres the quote from the history of DS homebrew
"Cracking the NDS game encryption Again, as with everything else, people said the game encryption could not be cracked and the topic was a waste of time. It was discussed for a while and made up numbers were saying it would take decades to crack. I was saying it could be cracked in 10 seconds.. it just needs 1 lucky guess. Well, DarkFader took on the challenge and created a small application that would allow the community to create a global cracking attack. On top of that, it became a brute force contest, as the application would report back PC horsepower to a website for anyone to take a look at. It wasn't long before everyone was running this application on their PCs for two reasons. The main goal, of course, was to help crack the encryption of a commercial DS game, but the real goal for many was to fight for the top spot on the list of top horsepower. Believe it or not, the end came quicker than anyone would have expected, and at some 82% complete, the encryption was cracked. It was cracked so quickly, that many barely even had the chance to install the application before it was over."
If this program is run is a similar fashion well have the code in no time.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe lets make it more fun

instead of horsepower, we'll use e-penis!!!
ph34r.gif
ohmy.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm running it in standard mode, even if people might be a lot ahead of me

I think the database could be a good idea with the standard mode.
Send the last key tested to a database with a proper way to close the program (not killing the window).

Is there a way to run the program again with a start key number in decimal ?
for example dsibruteforce.exe -standard 250000000
(number being the number of keys already tested, instead of the hexa key, in the meantime it's not a problem, I'll convert it)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I know, but the on screen report while computing says the number of keys tested, it's in decimal.
If i want to stop and resume later, the decimal is an easy way to remember and I won't need to convert it in hexadecimal to run it again.
But it's not that hard to convert, so I'll do it myself.

Edit : ok, I see this number of key processed is not usable as it's restarting from 0 each time.
Sorry to ask this for nothing.

jonathanb9595

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
loopy claims that he know the key already tho....

i kno im just saying he may have made a program with it by the time we get it with the brute forcer which isn't a bad thing just as long as we get it to work..... i hope the DSi hacking comunite becomes just as big as the wii's/

jonathanb9595

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering but how is everybody's brute forcers like what number is everybody at im at like 500billion how about everybody else?
rolleyes.gif

poet

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm just over a few dozend billion keys, but I just found out about it a week ago and had it running on and off on my main machine as it still messes up video playback even if I set specific processor affinities and only use two of the four it got. Anyway, let's keep on rolling
smile.gif

Btw, I'ld love to run it 24/7 on my "server" (basic XP comp realy), but every time I try to start it it just gives some lame excuse (aka Error Message) about not being able to initialize. If someone knows how to get it to run, please share ...

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it would run in DOSBOX unless it can access the internet because this program needs to download files.

I'm gonna run this program all the time because i just bought a DSi

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't someone get the common key but didn't release it already?

If i end up getting the key im giving it to team twizzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e326tDj-koU