Dsi colors are messed up

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gamefreakjf11, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Gamefreakjf11
    OP

Gamefreakjf11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Today I turned on my DSi and the colors on it where very bright (mostly just plain white). I tried playing a game and they were still very bright.

Unfortunately I can't provide pics because I can't find my camera :/ however i edited a dsi menu in photoshop to show what I'm talking about.

Has anyone have this problem before, is there some sort of fix? If not I guess I'll have to send it in to nintendo.

This is almost exactly how it looks:
    [​IMG]

2. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    since i don't have a dsi i don't know much about it but i could try help:
    are the dsi ware games and apps possible to put on the microSD card? Y/N
    If yes, put all apps and games on DSiWare and do a factory reset, i think it is: Hold down L,R,X,Y,A,B,start,select and then power on the dsi while they are pressed.
    I hope that will fix it.

3. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    if he does a factory reset his DSiWare tickets will prob be gone, and I don't think this can be fixed with a reset, send it to "N" for the warranty...!! [​IMG]

4. Gamefreakjf11
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Well I really only use my dsi for games so i have no extra dsiware for it, I'll see if this works

5. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Have you been using it near a cellphone or a speaker?

I'm studying electromagnetic stuff in physics and speakers and some other devices (cellphone recieving a message, microwave oven and others) generate electromagnetic charges, which near a screen (LCDs mainly) can rearange the pixels of the screens or change the color distribution.
    If it's the last case, I'm afraid it can't be fixed. You should get a new screen. However, I can't ensure this is what's wrong with your DSi

6. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    i don't think that is the case, if it was my ds would be dead long ago, and since ds is from nintendo = japan=high tech all over their city's all Japaneses would have a broken ds [​IMG]

7. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    I was just saying, it's not impossible. And I learned that today [​IMG]

8. Gamefreakjf11
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Well I was carrying my cell phone, Ipod touch, and dsi with me.. but I wasn't using them. I'm not sure what you mean but I know for sure all the pixels are just really bright, because if I play a game and while i'm playing the game fades to black, it's like its fading to normal colors.