Hacking DSi and DS Homebrew Channel

MegamanDSi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would It be possible to put home brew on a DS and DSi throught a Home brew DS Download Station THAT COMES FROM THE WII OR A DS WITH A FLASH CART

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MegamanDSi said:
DeltaBurnt said:
No, DSi hacking isn't far enough yet.

If you want homebrew on a regular DS get a flashcart.

Dude I am thinking like something like a Nintendo Channel

It doesn't matter what you were thinking because you were already told the first time that it can't be done right now.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would It be possible to put home brew on a DS and DSi throught a Home brew DS Download Station THAT COMES FROM THE WII OR A DS WITH A FLASH CART

I was just looking through and I need to say something YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PUT WII HOMEBREW ON A DS IT WON'T WORK YOU WOULD NEED TO PORT IT TO THE DS WHICH IS SIGNFICANTLY LESS POWERFUL THAN THE WII.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I was just looking through and I need to say something YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PUT WII HOMEBREW ON A DS IT WON'T WORK YOU WOULD NEED TO PORT IT TO THE DS WHICH IS SIGNFICANTLY LESS POWERFUL THAN THE WII.
He meant uploading an application from a Wii to a DS via Download Play, which is possible. There's a method of uploading from a PC as if it was a Download Station, actually. Thing is, this limits you to 4 megabytes - the size of DS RAM.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He meant uploading an application from a Wii to a DS via Download Play, which is possible. There's a method of uploading from a PC as if it was a Download Station, actually. Thing is, this limits you to 4 megabytes - the size of DS RAM.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Still it wouldn't be much and it wouldn't normally work with DS Download Play. The target DS would need to use a flash cart.
DS Download Play requires the files to be signed, and last time I checked that hasn't happened (or not publicly released, anyways) for DS homebrew.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, I see what you're saying. Still it wouldn't be much and it wouldn't normally work with DS Download Play. The target DS would need to use a flash cart.
DS Download Play requires the files to be signed, and last time I checked that hasn't happened (or not publicly released, anyways) for DS homebrew.
WifiMe - The Wireless PassMe
The DS has the possibility to download game demos using the integrated WiFi capabilities. It uses a custom network protocol (NiFi) made by Nintendo that is incompatible to TCP/IP. Firefly has reverse engineered this protocol and figured out how to emulate a DS download station using a special kind of WLAN Adapter, a customized driver for it, and an application he called WMB (Wireless Multiboot). Using this, it is possible to send software to the DS, but still with one major problem: The software has to be digitally signed by Nintendo. Faking such a signature is close to impossible because a 1024 bit RSA signature is just not that easy to guess. But Firefly had another idea how to work around this problem which was similar to the idea of the PassMe: Like the hardware game cartridges, the game binaries that are sent via WiFi contain a pointer to the beginning of the code, two pointers to be precise. One of them is signed and thus cannot be changed as this would invalidate the binary, but the other pointer is not signed. So, Firefly modified a game dump that was signed by Nintendo (the Mario 64 DS multiplayer binary) and set the unsigned pointer to the address of the GBA slot. This modified binary, known as WifiMe, now accomplishes the same as PassMe. You download it to your DS using Firefly's WMB and it runs code that is stored on a GBA cartridge. ~Tobw.Net

In other words, you can in fact boot DS applications via Wi-Fi but unfortunatelly they have to be stored on a GBA flashcart, which is sort of pointless as PassMe's are a thing of the past. I do wonder however if it wouldn't be possible to simply transplant a valid, signed header onto a homebrew file. Probably you cannot.

Not that it helps, you're still limited by filesize if you don't use any storage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show