Hacking DSi 1.4.

SenutiAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I was stupid enough to update my DSi to the firmware 1.4, I didn't know it was going to do anything bad. But now that my R4i ultra won't work, I don't know what I should get.
Should I get the R4i SDHC V 1.4?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22584
Or another flash cart?
And my second question is will that flash cart work even though I already upgraded to 1.4

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't get a R4 at all.
Get a M3i0 or a Ez flash vi if you need 1.4 compatability out of the box. (M3i0 requires flashing but doable from outside of ds) No flashcarts won't work unless they have the 1.4 update. If you have another ds that can flash a flashcart you could for with an Acekard 2i as well.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
its on dealextreme
smile.gif

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm pretty sure the Ez-Flash Vi requires external patching (another DS console), just like the Acekard 2i. If you want a fully upgradeable flashcart without the need for another DS, then you will probably want to buy the M3i Zero, which comes with a special USB connecting cable.

SenutiAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks a lot for your help, I'll probably be back very soon with M3i Zero questions, especially how to use it for the first time....lolz...and I should get it from dealextreme?

SenutiAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it, I should just get it out of the way and get the firmware now, where do I go to get the firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool