ROM Hack DSFTP: No more plugging in flash media?

ateam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backdrifts.net
XP
Country
United States
After trying the application DSFTP (http://dev-scene.com/NDS/DSFTP), I realized that I would no longer need to plug the MicroSD card I use with my SClite into my computer anymore if I just used an FTP client to add and remove files, instead. The way DSFTP works, for those of you who aren't familiar with it, is simple; The DS runs an FTPD (server) program which can accept connections from a client, like a computer, in my case.

I consider this to be an excellent idea. However, I'm having trouble uploading files to my DS. I can download files off of it just fine, but I guess some bugs in DSFTP's FAT I/O is causing both my DS and my computer's FTP client to freeze when attempting to upload.

I was wondering if anyone on these boards has ever tried DSFTP and has ran into these problems on DSlite that uses a MicroSD card in its flashcart (like an SClite). Perhaps a fix exists out there, somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

bionicspider

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most definitely. I had high hopes for DSFTP when I first discovered it. The coder must have changed something with the latest version of DSFTP, as it no longer works on my SC Lite; like your experiences, it freezes when trying to push files to the microSD.

The only version that works semi-ok on SC Lite is the 2.21 build. I can push and pull files just fine, but be warned: uploading files to my SC Lite's microSD sporadically causes FAT corruption. Basically, until the coder adds in the new I/O code the Supercard team just released, DSFTP is only useful for uploading files to your PC from your SC Lite, backing up your .sav files and suchlike.

Nemo_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
This won't be totally useful, however i use a SC MiniSD, and all works fine. I use filezilla, to pass files on the flashcard.
smile.gif

However, even if the the homebrew is great, the sharing speed of wifi, is sadly not so fast, and sending an average game, take much time, like an half an hour
smile.gif

Sorry for my engrish
smile.gif

ateam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backdrifts.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't consider transferring ROMs and other files to my SClite via WiFi to be slow at all, especially not taking "half an hour," as you're claiming. The Nintendo DS uses 802.11b, which is at a speed of 11 mB/s, which equates to ~1.4 mb/s. At these speeds, even a 256 mbit ROM could be uploaded to the SClite in ~23 seconds.

Seems awfully convenient to me :-)

PS: Bionicspider, I also hope the author of DSFTP releases a new version using the I/O code that the SC team released! Let's keep our fingers crossed, for I see much potential for this application!

Nemo_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I wouldn't consider transferring ROMs and other files to my SClite via WiFi to be slow at all, especially not taking "half an hour," as you're claiming. The Nintendo DS uses 802.11b, which is at a speed of 11 mB/s, which equates to ~1.4 mb/s. At these speeds, even a 256 mbit ROM could be uploaded to the SClite in ~23 seconds.
Nope, sadly it is not as you are saying
biggrin.gif

It usually have a speed of 30/40 KB/s
smile.gif
So it last not ~23 seconds, but a little more
smile.gif
Do not suppose "technical" date, because it's not so
smile.gif

That speed is what i have, perhaps your dispositive will be faster, however that's it
grog.gif
yaynds.gif

ateam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backdrifts.net
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, then perhaps this is due to a memory problem with either the DS or our SClites and 1.4 mb/s cannot be written to the MicroSD card. Technically speaking, though, this IS the transfer speed for 802.11b wireless networks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@