Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DSFTP 2.4 Released

DLDI now supported

Homebrew developer Björn Giesler has released version 2.4 of his great DS app 'DSFTP', a useful tool that allows you to connect to your DS and manage the contents of your flash cart via FTP over Wi-Fi.

dsftp24.jpg

Version 2.4 updates the FAT driver to support Chishm's DLDI interface, so now it can potentially run on any flash kit as you can patch it yourself.
QUOTE said:
Version 2.4
Changes:

The FAT driver has been upgraded to chishm's DLDI file system driver interface.

The precompiled version comes with Supercard CF driver installed. No other interfaces will be supported any more. If you have a different flash card, please patch the DSFTP binary yourself.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Has anyone tried this release yet? It doesn't seem to be working for me, and it gets stuck at the point of searching for access point... and nothing happens after that. It's just stuck there, twirling.

My setup:
*Kingston 1GB MicroSD
*M3 Simply
*FAT32
*patched with DLDI v1.10 with R4TF.dldi
*The file is located (starting at root) /homebrew/DSFTP-2.4/DSFTP.nds

can anyone confirm that they are having the same issue?

notes
I don't think have a problem with my access point, based solely on the fact that DSOrganize is connecting to IRC properly. Maybe I should open up port 21 on my router...

Also, I don't understand the instructions on setting up a standalone server. Do I make those folders and text files myself?

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damn, isn't working with my M3 simply... but I don't blame my simply

I e-mailed the developer to see what's up. sorry for being annoying.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, it goes past "aquiring DCHP" and then says "Could not connect - please restart"

I'm being thick here, but do I have to have an FTP server running on my PC and connect to it? Or I run an FTP client on my PC and then use that to connect to my DS?

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I patched it with the appropriate dldi file. I also had to enable ssid broadcasting on my router for dsFTP to connect. It works but cannot find the /data/settings/ftp.conf file I created in the root of my cf card...

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I patched this for my M3 SD and every time I try to transfer, it says that its run out of disk space, even though theres plenty of room on my SD card. I patched it using the DLDI file. I'm trying to transfer over an 8 meg GBA rom using FireFTP, does anyone know why this might happen?

teapea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok - small question about its capabilities.

i tend to keep all my types of stuff in folders on the root, ie Games Music etc etc if i install this can i get access to all these folders - or only folders below where this program is installed?

edit - ignore - it's working perfectly on my m3 simply!
biggrin.gif

teapea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
patch the nds file with the correct dldi
chuck on the memory card anywhere (mine is in \app\ftp\dsftp.nds)
you then need to create a folder in the root called "data"
in this folder create two more called "logs" and "settings"
in data\logs\ create a blank text file and rename it to "ftp.log"
in data\settings create a text file with this info in (you can just copy and paste this)

logfile /data/logs/ftp.log
loglevel 4
timeout 300
portrangestart 9000
portrangeend 9999
screensaver 60
wakeonlog true

user test
pass test
root /
home /
write true
boot true
end user

you then need to rename this file "ftp.conf"

then assuming you've already set up wifi in another game it'll launch and connect - and show you the IP address it has. (i used fixed IP, not sure if DCHP works or not)

once dsftp has connected and shown you the IP it has - you can fire off an ftp client to this IP.

IMPORTANT: i can only connect using PASV mode. (to imploment this is flashFXP go to quick connect - and on the advanced tab check both uploading and downloading alternative fxp methods. also in the exaple above the user name is test and the password is test. these can be changed)

hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha