Homebrew DSDSR

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the game dsdsr, so I decided to use gorilla to make some songs for it. I tested the songs in stepmania first and they all worked. Then I put them on my ds. In dsdsr they show up, but when you click them, there are no difficulties to chose from. All the other songs work. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Am I allowed to upload the files here, as long as they don't have the mp3 with them?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this will work (can't test it since I don't have a working ds anymore -_-"), but you can try it. I just rearranged some stuff to make it look like a different sm file that I have. Hopefully it will work, but I'm not counting on it (since I didn't change anything that seemed important).
click

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work, you still can't select difficulties. Do you know which part of the file is the one that tells games(suchs as stepmania) what diffs are available? Stepmania has no trouble playing it, so I wonder why DSDSR does.

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, the .sm's that I dled from stepmania.com all work on dsdsr and stepmania. The customs also work in stepmania. Its dsdsr, not the .sm's that's faulty. Do you know the dsdsr website?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xD I should think that searching for gorillas would show pictures of gorillas. I'm going to try replacing an original .sm file's data (an sm that I can recall working) and swap it with your data. Edit the link in a little bit (eating first xD)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Errrr.... i tryed reading and understanding, when it came to installing i gave up >_>
Guide plox XD
DSDSR is really easy to set up. Just place the dsdsr folder in the root of the SD (the dsdsr.nds can be anywhere).
The songs are set up so that the file structure would look something like this:
CODEsongs---->album1---->songfolder1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |---->songfolder2
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |---->songfolder3
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |---->songfolder32
ÂÂÂÂ|---->album2---->songfolder1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |---->songfolder2
where each album is just a grouping (32 songs max per album) and each songfolder is the folder straight from the stepmania files (so pretty much your songs folder for dsdsr should look identical to the "songs" folder in stepmania.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr