Hacking DSBrick and 3DS

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting. Looks like we got a new prank coming on...

"HEY BRO DOWNLOAD AND RUN THIS YOU CAN PLAY 3DS GAMES!"
"OK!"
*Proceeds to do so*
"WHAAAAT, NOW I CAN'T PLAY ANY OF MY DSIWARE OR MY DS GAMES!!!'
"LOLOLOL".

Name it 3dsr0mloader.nds ^^

Anyway, don't you need a slot-2 cart to install FlashMe?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWNitro direct download link: http://ilix.in/rfHQa

Thanks, I'll try it tonight when I get home from work (right around midnight Eastern Standard Time)

Interesting. Looks like we got a new prank coming on...

"HEY BRO DOWNLOAD AND RUN THIS YOU CAN PLAY 3DS GAMES!"
"OK!"
*Proceeds to do so*
"WHAAAAT, NOW I CAN'T PLAY ANY OF MY DSIWARE OR MY DS GAMES!!!'
"LOLOLOL".

Name it 3dsr0mloader.nds ^^

Anyway, don't you need a slot-2 cart to install FlashMe?

Nope, you can install it from SLOT-1. I did it with my iTouchDS RTS almost immediately after I got it a few years back, and it was at least a year till I got a 3in1. The file by default is a .nds, not a .nds.gba, though IIRC you can convert it to a .nds.gba and run it no problem. Recovery after a brick, however, is typically done via FlashMe on SLOT-2.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting that DSi mode is bricked, did you test DSi enhanced games, DSiWare or both? Might be worth pointing some more experienced hackers in the direction of this thread to see if there's anything useful that can come of it. If FlashMe could be modified to install, that could mean WiFiMe would work too.

NM, watched the video. Protip: grow your nails or use the stylus :ha:

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what to do. how about someone overwrites the ds partition with a file that tells the 3DS to boot from the SD card? Of course, one drawback is that you would ALWAYS need a DS cartridge in the slot. We could make it boot a homebrew channel or something awesome.

Im pretty sure this won't work but at least it's smarter than the 3DS hacking community acting like in my sig.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if the errors are due to the fact that the parts of the DS firmware the 3DS is trying to boot are missing, or because the 3DS is performing integrity checks before booting them. If it's the latter, then I don't think anything good can come of this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry to disappoint but DSBrick isn't "compatible" with DSTwo. As far as I know, neither bricker would even run on it, even if you try on a DS/DSi. All you're going to see are white screens, which you saw indeed. What you were supposed to see was either text or pr0n. You'd have to try on an older card, for example an R4 provided is supports legacy homebrew.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Sorry to disappoint but DSBrick isn't "compatible" with DSTwo. As far as I know, neither bricker would even run on it, even if you try on a DS/DSi. All you're going to see are white screens, which you saw indeed. What you were supposed to see was either text or pr0n. You'd have to try on an older card, for example an R4 provided is supports legacy homebrew.

If you watched the video, you would have noticed that he didn't run it from the DSTwo loader, but instead, a homebrew loader, which doesn't reject malware.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Yes but this is not the original dsbricker it is a remake.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If you watched the video, you would have noticed that he didn't run it from the DSTwo loader, but instead, a homebrew loader, which doesn't reject malware.
I have, I was just convinced it's incompatible from a hardware standpoint.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I have, I was just convinced it's incompatible from a hardware standpoint.

The original dsbricker also bricked some cards (not DSTwo) but work on all cards. By the way this is a remake one overwrites the NVram as the original dsbricker the other one install some settings that crush the DS after it resets.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird! Bricking the ds mode bricks the dsi mode, wish it would have worked like that on regular dsi's...Still strange. Wonder what will come from this!

Not sure.. but I am really itching to try to flash FlashMe and NitroFW to this now, just for shits and giggles.
im sorry. NitroFW?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uploading DS firmware onto the 3DS would be rather difficult, I do declare. We don't even know if there are any solderpoints/pins used for flashing left on the PCB, nor do we know whether the DS firmware is kept separately or is it embedded in the 3DS firmware. I don't think NitroFW is an option, really... Nor is FlashMe.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here we go:

Youtube decided to upload on Internet Exploder. High time I switch away from Firefox (edit - to Chrome, not I.E. lol)... but here it is for all to see!

Edit -
Try seeing what happens when you've bricked ds mode and you go to one of the appliances like ds wifi settings or ds download play.

I actually detailed that in the first video ;)

Ha, I didn't expect that it would have bricked the DS mode, especially if it is done through partial emulation.. But that was pretty neat. :)

It would be nice if this would actually lead towards something for 3DS hacking, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait. i have an idea. maybe we could use the ds bricker to hack the ds mode entirely then when the error screen appers it can take over the 3ds and maybe we could hack it. or use it to brick ds mode and use a pair of tweezers

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. i have an idea. maybe we could use the ds bricker to hack the ds mode entirely then when the error screen appers it can take over the 3ds and maybe we could hack it. or use it to brick ds mode and use a pair of tweezers
What does a pair of tweezers have to do with hacking?

He will tweeze the soul out of the 3DS.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty surprised DSBricker actually disabled DS mode, not to mention DSi mode...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1