Hacking DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS (desperate)

heatherfeilds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i just got a R4 but i don't know what i need to make it work. firstly when i went to the r4 web site. i tried to follow the instructions but the r4 didn't even come with the cd. i don't have the _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS and the moonshell folder thingy. currently i am clueless. if anyone is so kind to help me send all Those Necessary stuff to my email: [email protected] so i can just download all the links you give me to my r4 will make it so much easier.

PLease Help i am sooo desperate

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
just download the kernel from producer website, extract files with winzip and move on microsd
hope your r4 is original
biggrin.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heatherfeilds said:
but my friend and i got it from the same shop but her r4 worked? maybe there is something wrong with my DS_MSHL.NDS file?

I'll try and help right now - put your microsd into your pc and tell me what files you see

Sould have downloaded to your PC the "R4 v1.18 kernel" (4,724kb RAR file) from R4 official website http://www.r4ds.cn/
When you open the RAR file, you will see a folder named "English". Click on that folder and you will seethe following:
_system_
moonshl
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MSHL.NDS

Extract these files onto your microsd. Put microsd into R4 and put R4 into DS console.

kez1happy

Trophies
XP
Country
hi there im new on here as been searching the web for ages on info as how to do my R4 card too as this didn't come with a disc, i too am totally clueless and unsure what and how i do downloads what i need etc,please somebody help me lol.thanks.x

kez1happy

Trophies
XP
Country
well ive downloaded the kernal as stated off genuine website but once it downloaded and i clicked on it to open it doesnt???.just keeps going back on screen open/save/cancel file??.arghhhh!.x

12elis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay well all u need is the DS_MENU.DAT on the root of your card to access your R4. you dont even need to extract the whole entire kernel. just find that from the kernel folder and your set. as for moonshell, just patch it and put it on ur R4 and u should be good. dont worry about all the other stuff that comes along in the kernels. just get the DS_MENU.DAT!

kez1happy

Trophies
XP
Country
am all sorted thanks what i needed was to download the "winzip" so that i could open the 1.18 kernel lol. its very easy once you figure it out lol.x

nicola-x

Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i cant get my r4 to work i have tryed what you have been sayin like download them but when i put it in my ds it just says loading and nothing else happens ,, any helppp ?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm, your cart is probably clone!
So you'll have to find and download firmware made for that type of cart/clone you have..
Try looking on the box for the site URL, and download the firmware from there, other than that, you can try formatting your microSD, and try copying it again..

MOVED TO R4 SECTION!

fenglot

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I’m buying a "nintendo ds lite" that R4 cartridge fed on the add-on of a lot of the kernel all the way down to the DS_MENU.DAT write on the same version of the cartridge I don’t know the version
"dp459800" who knows to rob the distance?

fenglot

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I think I don't think I'm talking about the core of "R4" carts, but on the site it's not on the site that you gave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1