DS4 in HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by bi388, Mar 7, 2017.

1. bi388
    OP

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I'm trying to get my dualshock 4 slim model controller working in the hid to vpad program. I'm aware that the newer ones with different sticks and an extra light have problems with this program. I've tried making a config file myself and nothing. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get them working or has an idea how to do it. I would rather not have to buy a second ds4 just to use for my wii u, so if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the help.

Last edited by bi388, Mar 7, 2017
  2. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    you should maybe tag @Maschell here , as he may have some info to assist you.. although he prolly dont have the pad in question. :)

3. bi388
    OP

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I sent him a pm yesterday morning and he never responded, so I assume he doesn't know the solution and I decided to check if anyone else has figured it out. Thanks though.

4. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Like @pwsincd said, I don't have a DS4 (slim) Controller so I can't test it.
    Maybe the Controller needs some commands to run, like the DS3

bi388 likes this.
  5. bi388
    OP

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I'll mess around with it and if I figure it out I'll post it in the thread

6. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    Using my DS4 on a Wii U? Since when? Yes I sound noob for this

7. bi388
    OP

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Yes, Maschell made a program that allows you to use usb hid controllers as if they were a gamepad, but it doesn't work on slim or pro ps4 controllers.

I found that the pid for the new controllers is different and tried changing it, but it didn't work. I'm going to keep researching for the answer.

8. GinBunBun

GinBunBun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2012
    United States
    I don't know. Ohio I think?
    sony changed the way the ps4 controller sends data when connected through usb when they made the new model of controller with the grey sticks and lightbar in the touch pad. because of that when you connect it to the wii u its completely dead. it acts like you didnt plug anything in. As far as I know there is no way for it to work. Id suggest either buying a pro controller or an original ps4 controller.

bi388 likes this.