DSTwo DOS Emulator Update
Pate has updated DS2x86, his DOS emulator for the Supercard DSTwo to 0.07. For what's new in this version see the release notes, and for more information on this Homebrew Bounty entry, join the on-going discussion linked below.
Change Log said:
- Blinking cursor in text modes (finally!).
- HIMEM.SYS emulation added, allows Chaos Engine to run.
- Fixed a serious total crash problem in 32-bit string opcodes.
- Fixed a stack alignment problem that could cause "Exception 4" BSOD errors.
- Improved BSOD reporting, now includes a stack trace.
- Improved horizontal blank reporting, this might solve hanging problems in some games.
- Improved Mode-X graphics blitting code to handle wrap-around properly.
- Changed the screen refresh interrupt interval from 60Hz to 59Hz. This might help with the intermittent "stuck key" problem in some games.
- Direct file read to EGA memory is now supported (f.ex. in "Heimdall").
- Implemented a number of previously missing opcodes.