I've always enjoyed following the development of Patrick Aalto's DSx86 and DS2x86. His blog, while usually highly technical, was quite fun to read, and gave a lot of insight to the progression of his amazing DOS emulator.
Well now that DSx86 has met and exceeded expectations for the underpowered DS, Pate has moved on to working on a new port of the project, this time geared toward the GCW Zero (as well as a version for the Raspberry Pi). Note that version 0.02 of zerox86 is an alpha release and still in the early stages of development. See the change log for what's new in this edition, and be sure to visit the author's blog linked below for more details about this homebrew.
Change Log (09/01/13) said:
- Added SoundBlaster ADPCM support (Duke Nukem 2).
- Fixed SB IRQ handling for very short buffers (Alone in the Dark).
- Fixed reading data directly from disk to EGA VRAM (Heimdall).
- Implemented EGA 640x400 special graphics mode (Mahjong Fantasia).
- Fixed EGA Register Interface Library handling (A-Train).
- Fixed various bugs in FPU emulation (Alien Legacy).
- Added support for launching games given on the zerox86 command line.
- Implemented mouse support using the analog control.