Homebrew DS2Key SVN - Now with Windows GUI, and Linux console support!

sypherce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ds2key.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States
Just like to notify everyone I updated DS2Key. The link is updated in the first post.

Version 1.01 (Revision 44) January 20, 2009
1. Fixed bug with arrow keys sending numpad keys (2, 4, 6, 8).
2. Fixed GH Pad repeat bug reported blahblahblaster from gbadev.org.
3. Fixed CPU usage with server console versions.
4. Fixed repeated sending of "/p?".
5. Fixed a bug with the mouse cursor sending negative values, causing wrapping in the linux version.

Reactions: mizar

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a fantastic utility, what a brilliant idea! Keep up the great work, I'm just one of many, many people that enjoy this fantastic util. Kudos!

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm having no success with this whatsoever. It looks like the server is simply not receiving anything, but the DS-side says it's connecting no problem. I've verified the IP and port about 30 times, tried using different ports, turning off my firewall, etc. The strange thing is that I've used the old versions of DS2Key before, but when I tried downgrading to those just now, they didn't work either. I can't think of anything that's changed, so I figured I'd ask here if anyone has any ideas.

EDIT: I'll also add that commercial games and all other homebrew (even the finicky DSLinux) work just fine.

EDIT2: Bah, my local network just needed fixing. I went on holiday and someone must have messed with it while I was gone.

Anyway, for the sake of making this post useful, are there any plans for an on-screen keyboard? I know DS2Win can do this, but it's also constantly sending screen captures to the DS, which I don't need at all.

sypherce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ds2key.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Anyway, for the sake of making this post useful, are there any plans for an on-screen keyboard? I know DS2Win can do this, but it's also constantly sending screen captures to the DS, which I don't need at all.

It's something I've wanted included into DS2Key for a while, but I've had no time for programming lately. If I get to it, it will be added.

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was just curious cause the documentation and changelog talk about linux support but I can't find anything ( DSpad has a linux server thing but I couldn't get it to work with that xds2key thingie, )

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if the touch pad is supposed to act like a mouse, but it doesn't seem to work properly for me. Moving the stylus around seems to move, erm, the selection? For instance, when clicking on the desktop and using DS2Key to move around, different files on the desktop are selected instead of having the mouse move. Not sure if it's supposed to behave that way.

All the controls are very responsive, but I was expecting the ability to move the mouse.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
That's because you're pressing touch screen buttons. You need to remove any assignments you have to the touch screen buttons (in the server program) and then instead of registering stylus presses as virtual buttons it will register them as mouse movement.

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cannot get this to work at all, is it because I have a dynamic ip? I am sure I configured it right, even tried it on 2 computers.

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vague Rant said:
That's because you're pressing touch screen buttons. You need to remove any assignments you have to the touch screen buttons (in the server program) and then instead of registering stylus presses as virtual buttons it will register them as mouse movement.
'kay, it works fine, now all I need is relative mouse movement, lower sensitivity, and it'll be perfect.
...I think I'll stick with the DS2Win game pad for now, looking forward to the announced new features though.

dragonnutds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am so glad i found this post, i have been having the touch screen act as arrow keys problem and this site solved it. now i just need to know how to make the ds register as an actual controller, i used the instructions in ver. 6 but i think they didn't work. can someone please help me, or at least get the mouse to automatically return to the center of the screen.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok wtf it dosent work. On the DS server side it just says "p/0 profile set to 0" when i luanch the console thing and then it just sits there doing nothing...On the DS side i've configured my ip correctly according to my ipconfig. I'm not sure what to do now?

EDIT: it also says "cannot bind port number 9501"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)