DS #XXXX: Music Monstars (Europe)

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
the video actually look fun, especially the 2nd one.
of there's some sort of record and dub function, i'd go for it.
hoping for a proper dump
wink.gif

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
well i cant find it -.-

EDIT: i think the ROM sites are just slow
it'll prob be up soon so ill dl when i get back from school
toodles

TOODLES!

Anyways, my rom site doesn't host XXXX D: Oh well, I'll wait for the good headered one O.o

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UltraMagnus said:
B-Blue said:
Before anyone asks why is this nuked.
Reason: Bad Header.

care to explain what this means to a n00b?

There is a multitude of reasons a rom can be nuked, to put it simply, unless its a perfect dump of the rom, it will be nuked, the rom has to be dumped complete with all the unused space at the end of the code. Roms are manufactured set chip sizes IE 2mb 4mb 8mb 16mb 32mb 64mb etc. If the code in a rom is only 35mb in size it will be released on a 64mb cart as it will be to big to be released on a 32mb one, because of this there is 29mb of rom that contains no data. The rom still has to be dumped completely. So the scene release of a rom will be 64mb in size ( complete code and unused space ) to use the code on your flashcard, most people will use a ROM trimmer to remove the un-required, unused space so it takes up less room on your cart.

Each rom acknowledged by the Scene is given a release number. If it is found not to be a perfect dump it is nuked and the number is generally removed from sites where they list releases and replaced with xxxx as a number. Demo Roms are also listed as xxxx as they are not full games. This rom has xxxx as a number as it has been nuked, prior to it being xxxx it would have been allocated a number.

Reasons for nuking in the past have been :-
The rom has been altered by compressing parts of it to save space
The rom has been hacked to change something in it
It has been dumped but was incomplete, i.e. not the whole contents unused space included

Like I said basically unless its an exact copy of the ROM it will be nuked. I have no idea why this one was nuked, but it can only really be that its not a perfect dump

Hope this helps...

Oh and a link to upcoming releases if you are interested in that sort of thing....

http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=release

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
funem said:
Each rom acknowledged by the Scene is given a release number. If it is found not to be a perfect dump it is nuked and the number is generally removed from sites where they list releases and replaced with xxxx as a number. Demo Roms are also listed as xxxx as they are not full games. This rom has xxxx as a number as it has been nuked, prior to it being xxxx it would have been allocated a number.

It has been dumped but was incomplete, i.e. not the whole contents unused space included

Like I said basically unless its an exact copy of the ROM it will be nuked. I have no idea why this one was nuked, but it can only really be that its not a perfect dump 

How things change... I remember back in the day, the scene didn't acknowledge the ROM numbering that websites like Subport indulged in... and hacking ROMs to include group intros was positively encouraged
biggrin.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow...I got to this too late, and now I guess I can't find it anywhere because it's been nuked. And I've been waiting for this for a few months now(ever since irpacynot posted a vid in the Games section).

Hopefully tomorrow they'll have a fixed dump up.

-=SkReeK=-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BionicC said:
funem said:

How things change... I remember back in the day, the scene didn't acknowledge the ROM numbering that websites like Subport indulged in... and hacking ROMs to include group intros was positively encouraged
biggrin.gif

i was about to post something quite similiar ^^ the so called scene doesn't do any numbering at all, this is still something very "un-scene" IMHO
maybe some great day intros will be seen on the DS too (VENOM, just do it FFS!), i'd love to see topics full of hate against those fine pieces of art again ;]

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
funem said:
UltraMagnus said:
B-Blue said:

There is a multitude of reasons a rom can be nuked, to put it simply, unless its a perfect dump of the rom, it will be nuked, the rom has to be dumped complete with all the unused space at the end of the code. Roms are manufactured set chip sizes IE 2mb 4mb 8mb 16mb 32mb 64mb etc. If the code in a rom is only 35mb in size it will be released on a 64mb cart as it will be to big to be released on a 32mb one, because of this there is 29mb of rom that contains no data. The rom still has to be dumped completely. So the scene release of a rom will be 64mb in size ( complete code and unused space ) to use the code on your flashcard, most people will use a ROM trimmer to remove the un-required, unused space so it takes up less room on your cart.

Hope this helps...

Oh and a link to upcoming releases if you are interested in that sort of thing....

But gbatemp doesn't host illegal roms, so it's none of their nor our business to tell the general populace about it.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GreenBanana said:
funem said:
UltraMagnus said:
B-Blue said:

Hope this helps...

But gbatemp doesn't host illegal roms, so it's none of their nor our business to tell the general populace about it.

Not quite sure what your getting at, all this site does is say which roms are dumped. No one said they hosted them, but they do say which ones are released, that in itself is not illeagal in any way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So glad I'm not in prison lol