Hacking DS-X Downgrader

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forgot to say one thing. Great work, Shuny. While 1.1.2 has not had any issues with me such as taking forever to save, I'm sure loads of people are happy because of you.

Also, don't you find it funny that they managed to reply to and completely shun this downgrader within 24 hours time?

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for posting this!

I've never understood where all the hate has come from regarding the DS-X. It's worked fine for everything I've used it for. But I'm also not a hardcore gamer, so maybe some of the complaints stem from me not running into them.

That being said, I think it's great that there is the option out there for people not happy with the new firmware.

Now if they would make their Mac updater I would be very happy! :-)

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to say one thing. Great work, Shuny. While 1.1.2 has not had any issues with me such as taking forever to save, I'm sure loads of people are happy because of you.

Also, don't you find it funny that they managed to reply to and completely shuny this downgrader within 24 hours time?
fixed
wink.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many people own a DS-X + are having problems with current firmware + come here in addition to the official forum. Word of mouth could not be spread enough yet.

To be fair, I understand where DSX-Guru is coming from. Somebody releases third party software that could _potentially_ mess with the inner workings of the DS-X. If somebody did something stupid, they could expect him to fix it. I would suggest opening the source to this downgrader, just because:

1) allows them to examine it and see for themselves that there's nothing malicious here
2) might inspire them to 'borrow' some of it to release first party downgraders now and in the future.

Personally, I never changed from 1.1.0. That Vista error with the updater saved me from doing it, and then after the reports started coming in about how it busts units I knew to stay away. It will be interesting to see what happens with the next version.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all this great stuff Shuny, I'd hope someone could crack DS-X's firmware so that they could release a custom version of it... You know, implementing soft reset, warning screen bypass, top screen skinning support, etc.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It never happened for the EZFA, but maybe there's a larger demand for the DS-X. If you're talking about the DS warning and not per-game warning, then that would have to be done with the DS firmware not the card.

I've had two topics deleted on their forums now requesting a cheat function. I made the first request back in January, then again recently as a sort of "told you so" because it's a feature being implemented in the other, more popular competing products. A rising trend which the DS-X won't acknowledge much less support? Surely that would never happen.

D3R3LIC7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your developments, Shuny. First your save converter then this? Good news indeed! Too bad I let my DS-X collect dust long ago and I converted to an R4 user.

Damn the DS-X Team! They create an expensive piece of shit and treat people with ideas like shit on their forums. It's like in China where you are not allowed to talk about the deaths at Tienanmen Square, or the shortcomings of their government...

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This is very interesting, though I have no use for it, 1.1.2 is fine for now.

I'm just curious, did you just modify one of the updaters with a resource hacker, or did you write your own program. And if your using the old 1.1.0 url at update.ds-xtreme.com/update2/update.bin, if that even exists now, they could take it down.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
This is very interesting, though I have no use for it, 1.1.2 is fine for now.

I'm just curious, did you just modify one of the updaters with a resource hacker, or did you write your own program. And if your using the old 1.1.0 url at update.ds-xtreme.com/update2/update.bin, if that even exists now, they could take it down.
It's the hacked updater and do not worry, the update.bin file is stored on shunyweb.info,

http://www.shunyweb.info where you can click my ads
biggrin.gif

J_Devon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recommend NOT using it at all for the time being, until we address it on our own forums or news blog and tell you

That's a clever way to tell people to never use it, because you simply never post anything on your news blog.

Btw, DS-X is hypocrisy all the way, stating DS-X wasn't developed for playing roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How's Samsung still going to make a tablet with 2.0...