Hacking DS Wireless Configuration Problem

kevassa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last month I updated to B9S and the latest version of Luma (8.1.1 I believe). It's all working dandy, except that this week I've been trying to play Pokemon HeartGold and Platinum and it simply just won't let me load a savefile. It tells me there's a communication error and promptly dies.

From what I've researched apparently it's a WiFi configuration error of some sort. Trying to toy with the DS WiFi configuration screen got me identical results to another thread (I had a link here but it was considered spam?) .

Quoting from that thread since I can't put the link:
  • After going to Settings->Internet Settings->Nintendo DS Connections->Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings->*empty connection profile*->Search for an Access Point, it freezes up, doesn't react to any button except Home. If I try to set up the connection manually and then test it, I get "Error Code:6 Nintendo WFC Configuration Transfer" error.
  • After starting up any Pokemon Platinum/Heart Gold, it crashes on the menu screen with "Communication error" (before I even press "Continue game").
  • Other DS games, that don't use Nintendo WFC (like Trackmania DS or Super Mario World), work without a problem.

I've tried following the step 3DS.guide for the DS/DSi broken functionality, I installed all 5 of the respective CIAs (I assume OLD is what I had to install since I have an old 3DS) but the problem persists.

How do I go about solving this problem? I hear there's some partition backup magic I have to do but quite frankly I would rather not blindly touch the sysnand without knowing what I'm doing lol

Last edited by kevassa,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hmm, are those games legit real games and not games on R4 card?

Can you disable wireless communication from the potion menu on Pokemon heart gold and platinum?

kevassa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Both of them are legit copies and worked just fine before. I can't even access the wireless communication menu from either game. Black isn't giving me this problem strangely enough, though. Whether I enter the wireless communication configuration from a game or the 3DS's system configuration I get the same result of searching an access point freezing up so I assume it's not a game-specific issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up