Ds wifi failed to connect!

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by johno!!&, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

Ds wifi failed to connect! by johno!!& at 8:45 AM (1,283 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. johno!!&
    OP

Newcomer johno!!& Newbie

Australia
    Hi there, I'm not a total noob, i know how to work a computer but this has really got me stuck.
    I have just purchased a brad new Imac and at the moment a am using this as my wifi router.
    I have no problem playing games like mario kart and pokemon diamond on wifi bt when I launch Dsorganize and open the web browser it says failed to connect. Also when using bunjallo i have the same problem with the page not loading sticking on the license screen. Then when i try to load the sever on dshobro on my windows xp partition through bootcamp it says zero configuration is down plaese try again later.
    I have no idea what i am doing wrong!!!
    Please halp me!!

2. toh_yxes

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes i have this problem as well. If you use a WEP key, your homebrew applications don't work. For DSHobro, that depends on your computer and which version you download. I downloaded 4, didn't work, tried 3 and it worked. Unusual I know.

3. johno!!&
    OP

Newcomer johno!!& Newbie

Australia
    Hi there thanks for your help. It now works but is there anyway of having a wep password on my network so no one can hack it?

4. toh_yxes

Australia
    It depends. What internet server do you have? As in Telstra, Virgin etc

5. johno!!&
    OP

Newcomer johno!!& Newbie

Australia
    I'm with tpg intenet.

6. toh_yxes

Australia
    never heard of it. but you should be able to go into router settings and setup a WEP key or a WPA key. but stick with the WEP or you won't be able to connect. once you add a WEP key, you will need to setup a connection again. but here is something from the TPG internet website.
    Posts merged

hope I helped.

7. Clean Sanchez

Newcomer Clean Sanchez Member

Australia
    Previous post in this thread was a little while ago but thought this might be useful:

You don't want to compromise security on a home wireless network. You could get targeted by bandwidth leechers or your files snooped.

I use two wireless routers. Put simply, the first is connected by wire to the internet, uses the 2.4GHz bandwidth, and has security acceptable to game consoles like the NDS. In other words not much security. The second router bridges to this one and operates on 5GHz and has bulletproof security. Computers connect to the second router.

Both routers allows connections only by MAC address.

Yep, if a new friend comes around I need to feed their MAC address in. A small inconvenience but everyone is comfortable with my setup - it's secure.

Without going into personal details, I have a dual PC and Mac setup here and one of the routers is Apple branded so for the benefit of the OP I say - enjoy the experience!