Hacking DS Trojan

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never heard of a Trojan infected rom.

The only time i've heard of a trojan on the DS is with NesDS and the rom called Trojan. I miss that game. :-\

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
There are two known trojens created to destroy the ds, both attempt to overwrite the ds firmware. If you have installed flashme on your ds, some recovery code is written in part of the protected area and provides access to some slot-2 cards to reinstall flashme. otherwize your ds can be bricked.

However, these trojans have not been seen in the wild and you have little to no chance of comming into contact with them. Nobody has infected any games with code like this, and i doubt they ever will.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
There are two known trojens created to destroy the ds, both attempt to overwrite the ds firmware. If you have installed flashme on your ds, some recovery code is written in part of the protected area and provides access to some slot-2 cards to reinstall flashme. otherwize your ds can be bricked.

However, these trojans have not been seen in the wild and you have little to no chance of comming into contact with them. Nobody has infected any games with code like this, and i doubt they ever will.

Also, though, were those trojans actually in Roms? or were they homebrew that happened to release them? As far as i can remember, they were more or less bricker programs... not so much as Trojan-infected-Roms.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
WildWon said:
spinal_cord said:

Also, though, were those trojans actually in Roms? or were they homebrew that happened to release them? As far as i can remember, they were more or less bricker programs... not so much as Trojan-infected-Roms.

We won't know that until R4 1.19 came out, it said to brick the DS that use R4-clone.

or it might be in next big game from SE to punish pirate
ph34r.gif

MegamanSPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:
spinal_cord said:

My DS is not flashed, I'm just using a flash cart(DSTT to be exact), I'm just worried that some geek might post a trojan virus disguising as a rom.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You needn't be too concerned if you get your ROMs from an active site. If you're still concerned, use a program like Rominator which has a CRC checksum feature that you can use to help ensure that your ROMs are unmodified.

-Bri

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Get your DS flashed if you're up for the risk. I flashed mine, technically the worst a virus can do to me is erase my microSD and temporarily brick my DS until I can boot a reflash of the firmware.

D

Deleted User

spinal_cord said:

I actually have both of them in a folder on my Linux drive.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev said:
spinal_cord said:

I actually have both of them in a folder on my Linux drive.

what are you doing keeping viruses?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just use a trusted DAT (such as Advanscene) to check your rom's CRC integrity? That way you will ensure you will never get a rom that is not "clean"?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow... a trojan in a ROM... apparently you people don't know what a TROJAN virus is...

A trojan virus hijacks a system, and allows remote control of a terminal... the virus itself is not destructive, only the end user (or hacker).

A trojan virus alone cannot hurt ANYTHING. It just sits there, waiting for someone to connect to it to give commands.

Some of the early trojans were able to make screen shots, log keystrokes, copy files, and for fun, could send documents to your printer, and open and close the optical drive, among other things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)