DS to GBA Video Tutorial

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by rs1n, Sep 16, 2013.

1. rs1n
    OP

rs1n Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    This recording has modified audio clips so the sound levels are going to be off every now and then. Secondly, I only recorded the video AFTER I did the mod, so there were a lot of steps for which I do not have actual video footage. I would like to re-record this tutorial once I get my hands on another broken DS Lite. Or maybe someone may want to volunteer theirs -- and pay shipping both ways (about $11.00 Priority Mail, round trip) -- and I will do the mod for them free of charge. Some of the more important parts (e.g. how to desolder the slot-1 and properly solder onto the motherboard) would be useful to have in the video.

Anyway, I just thought some of you may find this interesting.

Veho likes this.
  2. Aqua1234

Aqua1234 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2013
    Canada
    Oh my I wouldn't mind buying a cheap Nintendo DS lite, and buying another EZ flash to play GBA games. This would be perfect than the SP. I'm sure it has backlight aswell. Making this wonderful!

3. FireSeel

FireSeel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2013
    Could you do this on an original ds?

4. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    original ds has worse backlight than gba sp ags 101, gba micro and ds lite. i don't think there would be any point to make it a GBA. still if you have a broken one, it might be useful.

GBA rocks likes this.
  5. GBA rocks

GBA rocks GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2013
    I agree, I've recently acquired a pair of phat DSes and screens look like crap compared to an AGS-101, completely useless for GBA gaming (and cannot do multiplayer).

6. FireSeel

FireSeel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2013
    The hinges are broken, and it thought it would be cool to turn it into a emulation handheld.