Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been dumping my DS games over the past couple days using Rudolph's Slot-2 Tool on a M3 Perfect Lite, and I was just curious where and how exactly I'd find the ROM # of the games I'm dumping. For titles of which there was more than 1 version (like Mario 64 DS which has US releases with ROM #'s 0037 and 0056), I just wanted to make sure I know which one I've actually got and name it properly. Is there a tool to tells you the # along with whatever other information? I've tried a few tools so far, like NDSHeader, but I couldn't see anything.

thanks in advance,

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
or use offline list with the ADVANsCEne nds games .dat file
smile.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So the ROM# isn't actually contained in the data of the *.nds file anywhere?

Is there any unique identifier to the files that would allow me to easily check which version release of a particular game that I have?

** EDIT ***

Okay, I guess the CRC32 is unique among releases. It's weird, though... I've checked through the ROMs I've dumped so far and searched for each CRC32 on advanscene.com, and a few of them didn't come up with any games. They're ROMs I've dumped myself, though, and purchased at legitimate stores... so I can't see them being bad. The ones that didn't match up were New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, and Super Mario 64 DS (weird how they're all Mario games). Does Nintendo routinely release slightly tweaked versoins of their own 1st-party games?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
TM2-Megatron said:
So the ROM# isn't actually contained in the data of the *.nds file anywhere?
Of course not. The number is assigned by the dumping community in order of which they were dumped and listed. It's nothing to do with the actual rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon