DS ROM#

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TM2-Megatron, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009

DS ROM# by TM2-Megatron at 10:40 PM (1,026 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TM2-Megatron
    OP

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I've been dumping my DS games over the past couple days using Rudolph's Slot-2 Tool on a M3 Perfect Lite, and I was just curious where and how exactly I'd find the ROM # of the games I'm dumping. For titles of which there was more than 1 version (like Mario 64 DS which has US releases with ROM #'s 0037 and 0056), I just wanted to make sure I know which one I've actually got and name it properly. Is there a tool to tells you the # along with whatever other information? I've tried a few tools so far, like NDSHeader, but I couldn't see anything.

thanks in advance,

2. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    look at gbatemps release section.

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    or use offline list with the ADVANsCEne nds games .dat file [​IMG]

4. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    For release info you should also check ADVANsCEne's NDS section which is more detailed. Header information can be read by NDSHeader 2.0 by Vinpire.

Hope this helps.

5. TM2-Megatron
    OP

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    So the ROM# isn't actually contained in the data of the *.nds file anywhere?

Is there any unique identifier to the files that would allow me to easily check which version release of a particular game that I have?

** EDIT ***

Okay, I guess the CRC32 is unique among releases. It's weird, though... I've checked through the ROMs I've dumped so far and searched for each CRC32 on advanscene.com, and a few of them didn't come up with any games. They're ROMs I've dumped myself, though, and purchased at legitimate stores... so I can't see them being bad. The ones that didn't match up were New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, and Super Mario 64 DS (weird how they're all Mario games). Does Nintendo routinely release slightly tweaked versoins of their own 1st-party games?

6. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Of course not. The number is assigned by the dumping community in order of which they were dumped and listed. It's nothing to do with the actual rom.