Hacking DS Real GBA Saves

oneinfiniteloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched the forum and searched google. I am unable to find an answer to my question.

I was using a m3 perfect sd and everything worked great. When I bought 2 m3 DS Reals I loaded my NDS and GBA files into their proper folders. I changed all the game saves from .dat to .0 (I tried both ways, I just changed .dat to .0 using explorer and I also went back and used the "official" save renamer tool for GBA )and left them in the GameSave folder.

When I played my GBA games the games started as new with as if it had no save file. After looking around on my card, I noticed that there were several new files in the GBA folder. They were .0, .1, .2 and .is0. So I figured that the DS Real used the GBA folder to save. I placed all my GBA saves (which end in .0) into the GBA folder.

I have tried everything. I have deleted all the .0, .1, .2 and .is0 files. I have used select to blank the save file and to load to and from default. Each time I restart at least 2 times to clear out the ram. Still no joy. I have tried this with 2 DS Real carts and 2 GBA carts.

I have used 2 micro sd cards, one formatted FAT and the other FAT 32. Both DS Reals and GBA adapters have been through 2 charge cycles on my DS Lite. I am going nucking futts here, please help.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You need to overwrite the save file. Go to the GBA Menu highlight the game then hit select. You will see a list of save backup and restore option. The easiest way it's to name your previous save to .1 then select ".1>Default" this way the save file would not show up as corrupted.

Hope it'll help.

smile.gif

oneinfiniteloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that. Can you walk me through getting GBA saves onto the memory card. From start to finish. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Thank You for your help.

oneinfiniteloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
 Take a look at the manual it should guide you through the backup process.

http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php?option=co...d=298&Itemid=25

biggrin.gif

I followed the instructions and am still in the no luck zone. Is there something special that needs to be done to the save files to convert them to the .0 type from the .dat type. I just changed the name and I used the m3 renamer tool. Every time I start the game it acts like there is no save, like I just ran the game for the first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y