• Total voters

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well i know about ISOS and images but i don't dare to do that.
Besides originals give me 100 percent satisfaction.
I only hack when needed.
I won decide now yet. Coy there is still 4 more days before the market guys

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Well it's a pretty risk free procedure, and not only does it allow you to play backups but it'll also give you access to homebrew, emulators, and plug-ins that can be used to enhance your gaming experience.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jarejare3 said:
Ok now i am getting mix feelings.
1st, there was someone who says I can play all ds games on the emulator go for psp.
Then somebody say psp has no games go for ds.
Then they say psp is beutiful and has good games go fo psp.
Then they say psp games sux go for Ds.
Then they say Ds games sux more than psp games go for psp.
? This is gonna be a tough decision.
mellow.gif

If by this you mean what I said, then please re-read it. I said you can play pretty much every DS game on a PC emulator.

Law said:
Stevetry said:
QUOTE1st, there was someone who says I can play all ds games on the emulator go for psp.

i call bullcrap on that pleas explain this

I think the main reasoning is that if there's a DS game that you REALLY want to play, you can just play it on an emulator relatively well.

The same isn't true for the PSP, as there is no (working) emulator.

OP: The reason you're confused is because you asked about it on a nintendo based website. Go do some independent research of your own, go look at a list of games for each handheld and see which one looks like it has the most games that would appeal to you. Honestly, both handhelds have given me much enjoyment, but I've been using my DS less and less recently.

edit: also I just read the opening post, you say that PSP games are fairly expensive where you are... you know you can hack it, right?
There is. JPCSP. Unlike DS emulation however it is far less advanced, so while you can play most games you have to bear sound glitches, slowdown, etc. But still, that doesn't mean in the coming years it won't advance, if anything it certainly gives hope for PSP emulation.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I hope it gives hope for future PSP emulation where there's an emulator that isn't coded in Java.

edit: christ, does that emulator even work? I just tried 5 different games and it wouldn't load any of them.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Law said:
I hope it gives hope for future PSP emulation where there's an emulator that isn't coded in Java.
There's a port of that PSP emulator that doesn't use Java. But it's way behind in updates IIRC.

Also, what the hell is A Gay Little Cat Boy talking about?
There are tons of PSP games with a lot of deep and engaging gameplay systems that ALSO look better than most DS games.
Like this:

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jarejare3 said:
well i am sry for the misread, but still the fact stays the same though. That psp emulator sure look promising.
closedeyes.gif

wats CFW?
unsure.gif
Custom Firmware, you need it to run games if you're planning on pirating them. Like others have said installing it as an easy and pretty much riskless process assuming you can read.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ds emulator sometimes emulate dirt and they crash at times.(rarely but still). I bought my psp just because there are no emulator. If not i would have got the game and make an iso and play it. I bought my ds coz of a few reasons too.
Besides Some Ds games are hard to win without using the stylus

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many of people have said, it all comes down to preference and opinion; all you're going to get here are opposing opinions. If you want a breakdown of GBATemps opinions on each systems games, go to each consoles "Essential Games" list and see what games are on there. Look them up, and count how many you like. Whatever console has more games that you like, go with that one.

Alternatively, you can look at Gamespots game search. They have scores, but they also let you search by game type. So, for example, if you're looking for what system has the most/best RTS games, simply click the game list, scroll down to RTS, and click search.

The PSP has the following RTS games:
(Note: Real Time Strategy games don't have to be WarCraft/Red Alert style games, apparently.)

-Knights in the Nightmare
-Sid Meier's Pirates!
-PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe
-Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign
-Susume! Mamore! Tatakae!

While the DS has:
-Knights in the Nightmare
-LEGO Battles
-Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
-Heroes of Mana
-Locks Quest
-Robocalypse
-StarTrek: Tactical Assault
-Ancient Tribe (DSi Exclusive)
-Castle Conqueror (DSi Exclusive)
-Real Time Conflict: Shogun Empires
-Desktop Tower Defense Then

Look up some screenshots/videos of those games, and if you like what you see, write it down. After doing this for each genre, tally up how many games you like for each, and compare them. Also take into consideration what you want out of the system - do you want it just for games? Are you going to use it to listen to music, watch videos, browse the internet, etc?

When it comes to emulation - the PSP can play pretty much everything the DS can, save actual DS/DSi titles, but it can also play PSX and N64 titles (if I recall correctly. Not entirely sure if it plays N64 titles at full speed yet, but it does play PSX titles.) It also has a larger screen, so it may suit you better for watching videos, and it also has a built in music player, so it doesn't need a homebrew player like the DSi does. It really all comes down to a matter of preference. If I were you, I'd wait it out for the 3DS, but if you want something now, doing the above will assist you.

Also note - the DS need an actual flash cart to play games, movies, music, etc, while the PSP can do so right off of it's memory stick. (Downloaded/Ripped games and emulation will require Custom Firmware, however.) It's got more power than the DS does, so it's emulation surpasses the DS' in terms of compatibility and number of emulators. Then again, it's also more expensive.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'll think of it thx.
I need to crash the bed now, its 2am here so goodnight. So far todays summary:-
Ds is good
Psp is good
Cant decide need sleep zzzzzz............

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
ds.
PSP is not as popular any more as many psp players who want to play games like that usually play Xbox 360 or PS3 instead.
plus all the extra things you get with ds:
touchcreen
2 screens
camera
etc.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Warrior522 said:
...erm... Can't the PSP emulate the DS?

Yep, the PSP sure is strong enough. It can also run Windows 7, that Apple Leopard OS, and it can even project holograms while communicating with the Sith Lords. It's THAT strong.

QUOTEtouchcreen
2 screens
camera
etc.

That's not a good reason. That's like me saying

"PSP is better because of all the extras you get:

UMD's
Analog Nub
Brightness Button
Sound Button
Home Button
Widescreen
Wifi Switch

Also, your first reason isn't that great either "people who play games like that play it on PS3 or 360". Yeah, because I forgot Monster Hunter was on the PS3 and 360.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
ds.
PSP is not as popular any more as many psp players who want to play games like that usually play Xbox 360 or PS3 instead.
plus all the extra things you get with ds:
touchcreen
2 screens
etc.

I don't see how things you need to actually play DS games count as "extras".

ShadowSoldier: Don't forget the ability to output it to a TV/computer monitor.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer neither
tpi.gif

I play different types of games on them, so I don't compare them.
The PSP is not dead, it's got some awesome new games, and there are some better ones scheduled. (K-ON!
wub.gif
*re-quips flame-armour*)
And seriously, who the fuck would want to emulate a DS on the PSP
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.