Hacking Ds not working

surtax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Recently, my ds has stopped working. I turn it on, the green light turns on, then goes away immediately. The screen doesnt turn on before the light goes out.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably - just a broken screen (usually the top one as it goes across the hinge) new part less than $10 delivered.

BUT

What is it doing, does one of the screens flash - need as much info as possible to give you the best chance of fixing it!

kangrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this may sound stupid, but when happens when you try turning it on when the charger is plugged in and its charging???

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Common Faults With The DS, that are relatively easy to fault find and fix

1) Green light comes on for a few seconds, one screen will flash - DS turns off = This is usually a faulty screen, the screen that flashes is OK, the other one is faulty, replace screen and all should be OK (If you have a DS Phat and the top screen appears faulty it can be the ribbon cable, with a Lite the screen and ribbon are one unit, with a Phat they are seperate)

2) Unit wont charge = Blown fuse 1 on the board, very small surface mount fuse next to the power socket on the board

3) Unit dead, nothing happens = blown fuse 2 on the board, located next to the DS game slot

4) Green light comes on and stays on nothing else comes on = faulty WiFi unit, replace this and retest.

5) Touch screen either does not work, registers in a different place, or part of the screen does not register at all = faulty touch screen.

These are the usual suspects, however if this does not fix it then the unit is probably beyond easy repair, for parts I usually get them from dealextreme.com as the postage is free and the prices are cheap, however be prepared for a long wait usually 3-4 weeks!!

surtax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The light turns on, both of the screens stay black, and the green light turns off. The green light in only flashing for a very short time.

I have also tried to turn it on plugged into the charger. Still doesnt work.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could be lucky and both screens have failed. If you have never dropped it, buy one of the screens and put it in (bottom is easier) see if the screen flashes, if it does replace the top screen, if it doesn't then give it up and replace it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1