Hacking DS not powering on :(.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is my situation...

I followed a video on youtube on how to change cases for ds lites, I got up to the bit where I am assembling the lower shell but after I connected the wifi cable and mic cable back to the pc board, I decided to test to see if the ds will power on normally, but it wasn't.

Prior to this, I had trouble with the top screen ribbon cable, so I had to use a little force to get it out of the bottom half (not alot of force) and put it back in so I think because of that I may have messed up my whole DS Lite now, I was advised to not get any kind of small dent on the cable but I just couldn't get the damn thing out.

Have I busted my DS Lite or can I still save it?

(Dents are very miniature, nothing big)

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ack, seems the cable is broken then... I'm not sure where to buy ds parts in your area though :/ maybe a chinatown or somewhere where they sell bootleg ds's?
biggrin.gif

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be the cable, but it also could be the electrical current from your hands. I had a DS, that i took apart just to look inside and I put it back together and it never started up again. Good thing I got the DS fro 10 bucks from a friend.
biggrin.gif

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So WHAT happens
1) Nothing - no green light - probably blown fuse 2 on the board (surface mount) next to the card slot
2) Green light comes on after a few seconds goes off (usually flashing one or other of the screens) poor connection or faulty screen (the one that doesn't flash is the faulty one)
3) Green light comes on - stays on, but nothing on the screen - faulty main board or WiFi unit, try changing the WiFi unit if still the same then need a new motherboard

Hope that helps

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, so there is a chance my DS is not busted.

At times, my top screen would flash but the flash would be different, I will try again today.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its the top screen flashing, remove and re insert the BOTTOM screen (it might be easier to leave the touchscreen cable out while trying this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c