Hacking DS N5 first look

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol, maybe it's an offshoot from the R4 team. But then comes the question of "why?" since the M3 is already the standard R4 clone.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, a clone of an outdated cart.

QUOTE said:
Anyways, I can't wait, if this is truly the R4 with SDHC support, then it should do well in the market
That statement makes you look like someone who knows nothing about the flashcart market. You "can't wait" for a SDHC version of what is probably the worst card on the market now? Anyone who's done half a penis worth of research will come to the conclusion that pretty much all the competing carts are better choices. Adding only SDHC to the mix doesn't change anything.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I think the R4 is still a worthy competitor, it is out of date, but the sheer amount of users gives it a slight edge. I mean, even though I am always recommending CycloDS, etc to my friends, most of them just want me to order the R4 because it is a proven cart. It has survived the test of time, and even though the updates suck, at least they are still there. Of course, the N5 might be just a clone, and that would be bad. But I was saying that if the N5 was truly the next generation of R4 (with the R4 team behind it), it could be something big. R4 has a reputation, a great reputation, and great popularity. I just went to order a bunch of R4s for my friend's cousins who are like 8, even they know what the R4 is, when I asked if they might want the CycloDS Evolution, because I could get them at the same price, they said no, they wanted the R4. It doesn't matter if it sucks, people like the easy to use, trustable, R4 that all their friends are using.
Just because ignorant people want to buy it doesn't make it a good cart.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Hence, I didn't say it would be a good cart, I said that it would do well in the market.
Hence, I didn't say it wouldn't do well in the market, I was inquiring about how you "can't wait" for it as you consider yourself somewhat of an authority on these devices.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Urza said:
PharaohsVizier said:
Hence, I didn't say it would be a good cart, I said that it would do well in the market.
Hence, I didn't say it wouldn't do well in the market, I was inquiring about how you "can't wait" for it as you consider yourself somewhat of an authority on these devices.

Bad phrasing on my part, I can't wait for mine to get here because I want to see what it is capable of.
Do you own an R4?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doggy124 said:
I also think R4 is still a good cart.
It's menu maybe simple but very fast and stable.

and it hasn't disappoint me yet.
If you already own one, sure, theres no reason to get rid of it if it still works.

For new buyers however, its simply an inferior product. Like I already mentioned, pretty much every competing cart offers things that the R4 doesn't, and the R4 offers nothing of its own in return.

QUOTEWell the firmware doesn't work on an R4, then it might be somewhat different.
Thats an anti-piracy measure dear (as ironic as it may be).

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmm interesting, am I assuming correct that you already have one Urza?
No you are not. Not going to waste my time and money testing something thats almost identical to the most mainstream cart on the market.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Urza said:
If you already own one, sure, theres no reason to get rid of it if it still works.

For new buyers however, its simply an inferior product. Like I already mentioned, pretty much every competing cart offers things that the R4 doesn't, and the R4 offers nothing of its own in return.
Indeed. I have an R4, I love it, and I have no desire to get another card to replace it, as it serves my needs perfectly. However, if I were buying a slot-1 card today, it would not be an R4 (unless it were being sold for $15 or something).

SDHC support is a nice feature, plus the R4's lack of menu customization simply sucks (skinnability is very limited, plus I'd like to be able to have custom buttons on the first screen for GBA Expansion software and maybe even for an emulator or two).

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Eyedunno said:
Urza said:

Indeed. I have an R4, I love it, and I have no desire to get another card to replace it, as it serves my needs perfectly. However, if I were buying a slot-1 card today, it would not be an R4 (unless it were being sold for $15 or something).

SDHC support is a nice feature, plus the R4's lack of menu customization simply sucks (skinnability is very limited, plus I'd like to be able to have custom buttons on the first screen for GBA Expansion software and maybe even for an emulator or two).

Rename the GBA tools to moonshell file, and then you can get a GBA button on the top page

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i thought the n5 box looks exactly like the dstt box, and im sorry, but youre simply retarted if you buy an R4 these days, and you deserve nothing more than using the old ass passme flashkit with another slot 2 device thats bigger than 3 ds' put together that hopefully only runs on 3.5 diskettes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC