DS Motion Pak

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Terminator02, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010

DS Motion Pak by Terminator02 at 1:43 PM (1,363 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Terminator02
    OP

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    So lately I've been looking around at homebrew and found out about DS Motion and a few homebrew it works on. I've learned about DS Motion card and DS Motion pak, card for slot 1 and pak for slot 2. I've also learned about a game called Tony Hawk's Motion which came with a DS Motion Pak (although an official one).

Info on the DS Motion cards here.

I've not been able to learn very much about these mainly due to the fact that the DS Motion website (http://www.ndsmotion.com/) is down and has been for over a year as I have found out from a huge number of links to the website.

I was able to figure out what the DS Motion pak looks like thanks to this review, and it also showed me a few homebrew that it works with.
    [​IMG]

So now, for some questions:

Are these DS Motion cards still being used in homebrew and is it worth buying one? If so, should I try to find a DS Motion Pak or should I just buy the Tony Hawk game with the motion card?
    Is the Tony Hawk Motion card basically the same as the one made by DS Motion?
    Which of those two cards would have a higher compatability with homebrew, and would the DS Motion work with the Tony Hawk game?
    What homebrew uses this motion technology?

Irrelevant Info:
    Now to be honest with you all this really started because I feel like I'm wasted space by not having some kind of modded cart in my slot 2, as I've got the SCDS2 and don't need a 3-in-1.

Even more irrelevant info:
    We really need a up-to-date homebrew essentials list.

BTW: not really sure if this belongs here or in hardware, I assumed here because the DS Motion pak is kind of homebrew itself

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    As far as I know, the DS Homebrew scene has been dying for a while now.
    Not to say it's dead, but there just isn't a lot that is being completed/put out.

3. kiafazool

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    i dont think you can get these motion paks anywhere anymore
    even if you do find someone selling them, they will be like the m3 movie player gba size (limited quantities and expensive like $80-90)

if you do find someone selling, post here because i want one to

4. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    Does anyone know anything about these? [​IMG]

5. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    I know that there are Tony Hawks game which uses motion pack but there aren't much games or apps that uses motion pack (or rumble pak). Aren't worth of getting if it's over 10$.

BTW is there way to utilise WarioWare Twisted motion detector somehow?

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    You can get a slot-1 flashcart with motion sensing from Neoflash. It's called the R6Gold. Recent versions have removed the gyro, but the rest of the motion detection is still there. Homebrew compatibility on the card is excellent, but updates are slow, so commercial compatibly is slightly less than perfect. However, the menu can be set to try and patch commercial games to use the motion controls, which is quite good for games like mario kart.

7. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    I already knew about this =/, i guess i forgot to mention it, but I want a thing that goes into slot 2, as slot 1 is filled with my SCDS2 [​IMG]

If I find more info about games 4 it and where to buy, i'll post it

8. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    DS Motion pack? So can we finally hack WarioWare Twisted to use actual motiony controls?