DS Lite Not Reading Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Amiti, Mar 13, 2011.

Mar 13, 2011

DS Lite Not Reading Acekard 2i by Amiti at 4:51 AM (9,712 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Amiti
    OP

Member Amiti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm having an issue now with my Acekard 2i. If anyone can hear me out and help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.

I recall I bought this Acekard 2i in October from RealHotStuff. I got it to work with my DSi XL (ver 1.4 I believe it was.) and it worked fine and everything. I was running on Akaio 1.8.1.

In February I got rid of my DSi XL and put my DS Lite to use. The Acekard 2i still worked just fine.

When Akaio 1.8.6 was announced I found out on the official Acekard website and while looking at the current news posted here: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#106, I looked at the photos. And on the first photo, I notice that Acekard says their "real" card has an arc in the mid right corner. I looked at my card and discover that my card does NOT have that little arc in that picture. It's just a straight line. (However when I look on the back, according to the photo, I do have those holes above the pins but I guess that doesn't matter anymore does it?)

I created a backup of my Acekard 2i (with Akaio 1.8.1) and then uploaded the Akaio 1.8.6a on my card. I put it in my DS Lite and now it says "no DS card is inserted".

I went "fuck" and then got rid of the Akaio 1.8.6a and put back the Akaio 1.8.1 files and it still says "no DS card is inserted"

So. Did I just pathetically break my Acekard and my Acekard was a fake all along even though running okay on m DSi XL with 1.8.1? Or should I have done something that I have forgot?

I thank anyone in advance if you can help me out.

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Paper trick?

3. Amiti
    OP

United States
    I am unfamiliar with this paper trick? I can give it a try though.

I should maybe mention but my other regular DS games run fine. Uh, maybe that's useless info...

4. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Stick a piece of paper behind the Acekard. It presses the contacts up against the DS.

5. Amiti
    OP

United States
    Sadly it's a no go. Still getting a "No DS card inserted".

Ahh... it's probably too late for a return/switch even if I beg. ._.

6. Maverick_z

Member Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    have you tried blowing into the DSL slot that sometimes does the trick too, but not always

7. Amiti
    OP

United States
    I've already done that. Didn't help.

Just reformatted the microSD card and it didn't work either. Oh dear.

8. Awesomeslayerg

Member Awesomeslayerg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could try your acekard on a friends ds..Before claiming it a fake or bricked [​IMG] Also try checking if the microsd is making contact with the acekard. Blow in the microsd slot a few times then put it back in?

9. Amiti
    OP

United States
    The Acekard 2i doesn't work on my brother's DS Lite either. I've already blowing into the slot, it's not helping either.

10. Awesomeslayerg

United States
    Well if it worked before it wasnt fake,, I think that was the old batch.. Hopefully because i ordered mine form hotstuff too sooo.. Wait do you have another microsd? try another one or its totally bricked..

Off-topic:Last time i had my friends action replay, it would freeze when it boots.. so when i put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes then put it back on my ds,, it starts working for some reason try the freezer method..

11. Amiti
    OP

United States
    I have another microSD card that I can try. I will try tomorrow after work... I'm just going to sleep now. Thanks for the tip.
    I guess it is weird if it worked before and now it doesn't...

12. Amiti
    OP

United States
    I apologize for the double post, I have tried another mircoSD card (a Kingston 4GB Taiwan) and it does not load on the DS Lite with the Acekard 2i. Any other options I can be possibly missing?

I also tried to load the old Acekard firmware version 4.23 on my Acekard 2i but it didn't work.... Is it because of the memory card I have? It works just fine with the Supercard DSTWO

13. Awesomeslayerg

United States
    Try using the freezer method.. with your other microsd(not your 4hc). Make sure after you take it out, you blow really hard.

Freezer method:
    1. Put your acekard and/or microsd in the freezer
    2. Wait at least 2-5 mins.
    3. Take it out blow and try it!

14. Amiti
    OP

United States
    Is... it safe to put the Acekard 2i and mircoSD cards in the freezer?...

15. Awesomeslayerg

United States
    yea I tried it with my acekard [​IMG]

16. Amiti
    OP

United States
    Out of curiosity, before I put the Acekard in the freezer, what exactly does this do? :wtf:

17. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    The microSD card doesn't have anything to do with if the DS will see the AceKard or not.
    If no µSD card is detected by the AK, the DS should still show the AceKard header information, but upon booting it wouldn't load.

18. Amiti
    OP

United States
    Ah really? Well I guess I can rule out that my mircoSD card is not working or something... What the fuck happened to my Acekard...

19. Awesomeslayerg

United States
    Well i put a friends action replay in the freezer it started to work.. I think it has some science to this..

Anyways if you dont want to do it, your acekard is bricked.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5979147_can-clea...artridges_.html and try reformatting using panasonic this time and enable full format. Then try your akaio 1.8.1

20. monkey_singe

Newcomer monkey_singe Newbie

Canada
    HI,

I am having the same problem. The card won't work in my DS Lite. I tried my brother in laws card from his DSi and it works in my DS Lite. We transfered all the his files to my sd card and my DS won't read it.

I then re-formatted the card and uploaded the latest from the acekard website and still nothing.

Please let me know what happens with yours.

Ohh and I tried the paper trick and that didn't work.