DS Lite issue

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Omynous, Sep 26, 2010.

Sep 26, 2010

DS Lite issue by Omynous at 6:18 PM (444 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Omynous
    OP

Newcomer Omynous Newbie

United States
    Hey guys,

For some reasons, my DS Lite can't go into complete sleep mode now. By "complete", I mean it stays completely in the sleep mode, not like flickering between normal and sleep mode, which my DS does. I didn't have this problem before, but suddenly this happened just yesterday.

Could this be a magnet-related problem (I know that magnets keep the DS in sleep mode, but is that right?), or something about my game cart (a flashcart actually)? Also I have the cracked hinge issue, but still I've done my best to keep the DS intact (I can't send into Nintendo for repair), so I hope this isn't an outcome of cracked hinge.

Thanks in advance.

P/S: Sorry for my bad English. I wonder if you might need me to re-explain the whole thing about "DS not being able to go into complete sleep mode". It's like that the screens are supposed to be turned off while in sleep mode right? Well, my DS' screens do get turned off, but after half a second or so they are turned on, and after another half a second, they're turned off again, and that repeats.

Oh and if this couldn't be fixed manually (not sending into Nintendo), I'll still be fine but can games count how long a DS is in sleep mode? I'm just afraid that I won't be able to play games that do and require so, as my DS goes into sleep mode for just a fraction of a second.

Thanks again (and sorry for making you reading too much)

2. Black ace

Member Black ace GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The same thing happened to me on a certain game but stopped happening in a week