DS Lite is stuck in sleep mode

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dbgtrgr, Apr 12, 2009.

Apr 12, 2009

DS Lite is stuck in sleep mode by dbgtrgr at 7:38 AM (1,944 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. dbgtrgr
    OP

Newcomer dbgtrgr Member

United States
    I received a DS Lite today in the mail that I bought off of the ebay (the gold tri force one) and upon trying to start it up I get it continually turning on an off, screens flashing and everything. I took the battery out and put it back it, and now whenever I turn it on the screen flashes for a second and then seemingly goes into sleep mode (Status light blinks) and I can't figure out how to fix it. My guess is something is magnetized within the case, but I opened it and saw nothing metal big enough that would make me think to be the cause... Anyone have any idea?

Edit: I'm surprised this is my first post, I'm here a lot :\

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    It sounds dumb but make sure there is a cartridge inserted well in the Slot-1 slot. This was a problem back when slot-2 devices were all the rage and they even sold plastic pieces shaped like a DS card to hold down the switch.

Second, try waving a magnet over the lid. Try both sides of the magnet too. It's a long shot but worth a try.

If the problem persists, it's broken. Your best option would be to send it to Nintendo and pay for repairs (it used to be $30). You can try to repair it or remove the magnetic switch yourself, but you really shouldn't unless you know what you're doing.

3. dbgtrgr
    OP

Newcomer dbgtrgr Member

United States
    Update: Well, after waiting the night, I turned it on, and started the flickering, as if it were going into and out of sleep mode really fast. Eventually it loaded the R4, and then when I loaded a game it would go back to flickering, although slower. Eventually I loaded a game and it ran perfectly, and now the whole thing works just fine :| For now at least.

Edit: well, sleep mode doesn't work, guess it's better than before though