DS Lite hinge?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sora de Eclaune, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    The hinge on a friend's DS cracked and broke a little (She says there's a piece of plastic missing that she never found, as well as a crack) at the same time.. Is there any way she could fix it herself, for free?

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    First off, no. It needs new housing. Those are about $15 off of Dealextreme.

Second off, I thought I knew who you were. Now I know for sure. There was something nagging at me about how you post, your stories, etc., for awhile. The more you know. *initiate rainbow*

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street

What in blazes are you going on about?

4. dsdoc

dsdoc Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2011
    Is practially not sortable unless your clever and have faith do really need a new top or new shell

5. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    That's what I was thinking, but if you're clumsy it would just be more worth it to buy a new DS. The repairs are nearly the same as a refurbished DS from gamestop, so why not?

6. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    Not really. A new housing cost $8.36 here & I am pretty sure a refurbished DS cost alot more than that.
    Also even though the process of replacing the housing isn't exactly easy it doesn't require any special skills other than a steady hand & lots of patience.

7. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    If you're clumsy, $8.36 could turn into $108.36.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice