DS Lite Game Slot 1

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SUCCESSOR, Dec 12, 2011.

Dec 12, 2011

DS Lite Game Slot 1 by SUCCESSOR at 8:26 AM (659 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SUCCESSOR
    OP

Newcomer SUCCESSOR Member

United States
    I just bought a DS Lite (for cheap!) and the it came with on little problem. 75% of the time the DS wont recognize the DS Game or will freeze at the boot screen when it kinda reads it. The guy i bought it from was upfront with the problem and admitted to, and i winced when he did, licking the game then putting it in to get it to read. Now I am new to this whole DIY stuff but I the the moisture from his licking fetish might have corroded some of the pins in Game Slot 1. I opened up the system and had a peek and found nothing to be noticeably wrong. No bend pins, no cracked solder, or what not.

Unless any of you have any idea what else could be wrong I figure I have to replace Game Slot. I haven't had any luck finding a DS Lite Game Slot 1 but i have found a DSi Game Slot and am wondering if this is the same or compatible with the DS Lite. Or if any one knows where I can order a DS Lite Game Slot 1.

As always thanks for your time and responses.

2. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

Dsi slot 1 sits differently to Ds/ Ds lite
    Search Ebay the slot 1 repair requires soldering knowledge but its not to difficult. Change the slot 1 it only cost $3 on average.

3. SUCCESSOR
    OP

Newcomer SUCCESSOR Member

United States
    Thank you. I am a little reluctant to order something like that off ebay. Will a 3 dollar replacement part really hold up? I was looking into buying the part from Nintendorepairshop.com but if the price is anything like the DSi counterpart it will be 12$ plus.

Also I am aware of the soldering required but i am curious. I have never soldered before(not counting middleschool shop class) but i have studied what to do and how not to do it through various videos of the process. I am wondering what hazards would be apart from wildly stupid mistakes. I know that overheating the contacts can separate them from the motherboard, and the precautions of working with sensitive electronics like static and such.