Hacking DS Lite Cleaning Cloths

Darkspark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know it sounds boring, but I was wondering where I could get a good cleaning cloth for the DS.

Im looking not for a rubbish one that puts dust on the screen or simply moves oily grease marks from one side of the ds shell to another. But am looking the sort that absorb greasy fingerprints.

The Sony Ericsson T610 body cleaning cloth is the perfect example. One wipe, and all grease marks are gone.
It does not merely smudge the greasemarks away, it gets rid of them. You also notice the greasiness is gone because the phone/ds lite is easier to grip afterwards.
You can tell it is different from other cleaning cloths, since it has a special feel to it.

This thing should have come with some sort of cloth.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use monitor screen wipes.

They're small packaged (non-reuseable) wipes with, what I assume is a trace of some alcohol solution, that cleans the DS up perfectly -- until you next touch it...

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bought an iSaver microfiber cleaning cloth for my Powerbook. It's also very handy for cleaning the DS Lite and its screens.

I don't know if it's available outside Europe, but you should find something similar anywhere in the world.

superprincesspea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just use eyeglass cleaning cloths

Same here. You can get disposable ones, but I like the reusable ones you can find in nicer sunglasses stores. I usually keep two around, one for the screens and one for the DSL body.

The ones Nintendo has in those new little Mario character case/stylus/shami packs aren't nearly as good.

SPP

Darkspark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, I think we have a winner.
I've just stolen my sisters eyeglass cleaning from from her glasses case.
The material is the SAME as that of the T610 screenwipe but larger.
So Im going to be keeping it ;D.

Those cleaning cloths you get with the neverending stream of ds accessory packs are not as good, and feel like normal cuts of cloth, like you would get on a shirt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o