DS lite bit the dust..

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DarkMario616, Jul 6, 2009.

1. DarkMario616
    OP

DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Took it out of the nerf armor for only like a week, keeping it in perfect shape, and one of the hinges cracked badly :/

It kinda sucks I have to shell out $130 after having this since launch.

If I buy a new DS Lite, will it have any kind of piracy block? I have an R4...and hope it still works if I buy a new DS...I also have an ez flash 1 in 3 or whatever :/

Thanks....

P.S. Does anyone know if there are any sales for the DS in store [target walmart etc.]?

2. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    All DSLs can use an R4... you will only get into problems if you buy a DSi

3. DarkMario616
    OP

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Screw the DSi, bunch of trash [​IMG]

Question about my EZ Flash 3 in 1 GBA flash cart. Is it possible to switch the casing with whatever a new DS Lite comes with? I don't know if it is...and it would actually match. Mines white and would look ugly with black or whatever.

4. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    you could buy a case from DX and replace it yourself ..bit fiddly but can be done [​IMG]

or sell it for spares on here or someone else to re case and use the money towards a new DS lite [​IMG]

5. DarkMario616
    OP

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Haha, I suck at casings >_< I tried my Wii, it failed, miserably, LOL.

I'm just going to dish out the money, it ain't too bad, I'll get it back eventually.

I guess the GBA Flash case switching wouldn't work with a dust cover...Insides of the casing are different.

6. Kuschel-Drow

Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Duisburg
    I don't know if the insides of the casings are the same, but you could try the M3 GBA Expansion pak casings.. They're sold in white, black, transparent, pink and so on... ^^"
    But I can't say if they work since I only have 2 M3 paks, one in black and one in white. ^^"

7. DarkMario616
    OP

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Hmmm...

I want to order a limited edition JP DS lite just for the hell of it, I got nothing else to spend my money on.

Would my R4 work on it? I'm pretty sure the DS Lite is region free..

8. James_Wulfe

James_Wulfe GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    Kansas City
    I bought a case off of ebay for 10 bucks and mine looks better then ever now, had the same hinge crack btw....