Hacking DS Lite battery performance

knirfie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just my DS Lite or does the battery performance really suck? I'm getting nowehere near the official Specifications:

QUOTE said:
Brightness Level 1: 15-19 hours
Brightness Level 2: 10-15 hours
Brightness Level 3: 7-11 hours
Brightness Level 4: 5-8 hours

I usually play at level 2 and get about 6-7 hours worth. Comparing this too my DS Fatty, which I could play around 12-14 hours, this really sucks. Also standby function, which the DS Fatty could do for 2-3 days, has been reduced to 1 day maximum...

So is my DS Lite('s battery) faulty? Or are more people experiencing this?

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm, sounds like it. At that level of brightness, the battery should last 15 hours or so. It did for me. The only time it should be halved like that is when you're using a flash cart =/

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just my DS Lite or does the battery performance really suck? I'm getting nowehere near the official Specifications:

QUOTE said:
Brightness Level 1: 15-19 hours
Brightness Level 2: 10-15 hours
Brightness Level 3: 7-11 hours
Brightness Level 4: 5-8 hours

I usually play at level 2 and get about 6-7 hours worth. Comparing this too my DS Fatty, which I could play around 12-14 hours, this really sucks. Also standby function, which the DS Fatty could do for 2-3 days, has been reduced to 1 day maximum...

So is my DS Lite('s battery) faulty? Or are more people experiencing this?

You must have had magic DS fat. On 4 DS fats I know (2 are mine) they all get @ 5 to 5.5 hours battery life when playing DS games, obviously more if playing GBA.

Nintendo themselves only claim 6-10 hours depending on what is played on the old DS, this means if you are well lucky you get 6 hours max when playing an original DS cart which is cpu/gpu intensive on the fat DS.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You must have had magic DS fat. On 4 DS fats I know (2 are mine) they all get @ 5 to 5.5 hours battery life when playing DS games, obviously more if playing GBA.
Indeed. My DSO only lasted for 7-8 hours playing original DS games. Knirfie must have had one great battery
biggrin.gif

knirfie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, must have gotten lucky with my fatty and unlucky with my lite. And yes, I get 6-7 hours with different games: Animal Crossing, New Mario Bros, etc... (with Wifi even less!) And barely 24 hours of standby.
frown.gif

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
only 24 hours of standby without a flash cart. sorry there must somthing worng with ur ds. get it replaced. dont know how long the standby lasts but once i had it on standby for a few days and still i had 2 hours of gameplay left.

knirfie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I think something's wrong with it too, probably the battery-pack.

But see, the problem is, I imported me DSL from the US, but I live in europe (was cheaper that way, and had it a few weeks sooner)... So i have to send it back to the US for warrenty, but sending it is more expensive then a new battery-pack!

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't bother sending it back because unless the magic fairies bless you're new DS with magical eletrical/laws of physics breaking voodoo, you are going to be unlucky again.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Which one did you order from Ebay? I want to buy one too. I only play on level 3 but if I could get 10hrs. That would be sweet. Now are you getting 15hrs on level 2 with an original cart or using a Flash cart or SD card?

I have G6 Lite and Passcard 3 and I get about 3.5 hrs before I get the red light. This is using the original battery.

Which one did you get? THis one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140023912704

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill