DS Lite battery performance

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by knirfie, Jul 2, 2006.

Jul 2, 2006

DS Lite battery performance by knirfie at 10:54 AM (1,390 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. knirfie
    OP

Newcomer knirfie Member

Is it just my DS Lite or does the battery performance really suck? I'm getting nowehere near the official Specifications:

I usually play at level 2 and get about 6-7 hours worth. Comparing this too my DS Fatty, which I could play around 12-14 hours, this really sucks. Also standby function, which the DS Fatty could do for 2-3 days, has been reduced to 1 day maximum...

So is my DS Lite('s battery) faulty? Or are more people experiencing this?

2. x_comp

Member x_comp GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Hmmm, sounds like it. At that level of brightness, the battery should last 15 hours or so. It did for me. The only time it should be halved like that is when you're using a flash cart =/

3. HeinzHarald

Member HeinzHarald Advanced Member

Sweden
    Have you tried with different retail games?

4. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom

You must have had magic DS fat. On 4 DS fats I know (2 are mine) they all get @ 5 to 5.5 hours battery life when playing DS games, obviously more if playing GBA.

Nintendo themselves only claim 6-10 hours depending on what is played on the old DS, this means if you are well lucky you get 6 hours max when playing an original DS cart which is cpu/gpu intensive on the fat DS.

5. x_comp

Member x_comp GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Indeed. My DSO only lasted for 7-8 hours playing original DS games. Knirfie must have had one great battery [​IMG]

6. knirfie
    OP

Newcomer knirfie Member

Yeah, must have gotten lucky with my fatty and unlucky with my lite. And yes, I get 6-7 hours with different games: Animal Crossing, New Mario Bros, etc... (with Wifi even less!) And barely 24 hours of standby. [​IMG]

7. razuraw

Newcomer razuraw Member

United Kingdom
    only 24 hours of standby without a flash cart. sorry there must somthing worng with ur ds. get it replaced. dont know how long the standby lasts but once i had it on standby for a few days and still i had 2 hours of gameplay left.

8. zragnarok

Member zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States
    also WiFi enabled games can kill your battery pretty quick

9. knirfie
    OP

Newcomer knirfie Member

Yeah, I think something's wrong with it too, probably the battery-pack.

But see, the problem is, I imported me DSL from the US, but I live in europe (was cheaper that way, and had it a few weeks sooner)... So i have to send it back to the US for warrenty, but sending it is more expensive then a new battery-pack!

10. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    Don't bother sending it back because unless the magic fairies bless you're new DS with magical eletrical/laws of physics breaking voodoo, you are going to be unlucky again.

11. knirfie
    OP

Newcomer knirfie Member

Ah well, maybe I'll buy a new battery-pack, never hurts to have two...

12. knirfie
    OP

Newcomer knirfie Member

So I got me a 1600mAh battery-pack of ebay, getting more then 15 hours on brightness level 2 now [​IMG]

13. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

Which one did you order from Ebay? I want to buy one too. I only play on level 3 but if I could get 10hrs. That would be sweet. Now are you getting 15hrs on level 2 with an original cart or using a Flash cart or SD card?

I have G6 Lite and Passcard 3 and I get about 3.5 hrs before I get the red light. This is using the original battery.

Which one did you get? THis one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140023912704

14. falco123

Member falco123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Huh, because I could have sworn the official thread on ebay batteries had a general consensus of "LMAO, they suck ass."